Newcastle Vs City Post Match Thread

SuperYaya said:
The Tiote 'goal' turned the game into shit.

They were allowed to get away with everything including a disgusting hatchet job on Nasri. They'll whinge about the goal but they should have been down to 9 men for sure. Newcastle deserved nothing out of that game.

^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

gmckennasell said:
Mcfcmoet said:
Very strange game. After an early goal I really thought we would have settled, broke up play and created a few more chances. However lots of misplaced passes gave them far too many opportunities. Their goal maybe should have stood. After that ref lost the plot! Second half Garcia had a great game. They should think themselves lucky to finish with 11! Fair play to MDM had a good game today. Negrado goal summed up a great hard fought win. Hope Samir is ok. (First post. Mcfc fan for 30 yrs)

you do realise youve got to have at least 40 years of pain before you can start a thread :)
Fells like 80 years with a combination of Gillingham and QPR!

gmckennasell said:
the ref ruined the game , if he had given the goal , we would have stepped up a gear , and taken them to the cleaners .At least the geordies can drown the sorrows in brown ale , they can discuss who has the biggest chip on their shoulder ,before they have to sign-on in the morning (or make another nissan) geordie wakners

thats what I thought too, if they had allowed the goal they probably would'nt have been so tenacious in the tackles and we would've stepped it up, thats the feeling I got anyway.

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2538133/I-dont-understand-Newcastle-United-boss-Alan-Pardew-baffled-linesman-rules-Cheick-Tiote-screamer-Manchester-City-defeat.html:2pi8il5y]The Daily Mail[/url] said:
article-2538133-1A9807E700000578-759_634x455.jpg

Disallowed: Yoan Gouffran moves out of the way of Tiote's shot, but was in an offside position
Moving out of the way = interfering with play.

Don't really see what the debate is. You don't have to touch the ball to be offside - you just have to create a distraction. If jumping out of the way of a shot on the six yard line isn't creating a distraction then I don't really know what is.

tomalex92 said:
Having read through FIFA's guidelines on offsides (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/worldfootball/clubfootball/01/37/04/27/interpretation_law11_en.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/worldfo ... w11_en.pdf</a>), it seems clear that the referee made the right decision for the goal.

A player in an offside position need only '[make] a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent'. It's obvious that Gouffran's movement was some source of distraction to Hart given that he was in the direct path of the ball. In any case, the movement need only be deceptive 'in the opinion of the referee' and it's certainly not unreasonable in this case for the ref to think it was.

Well done to the referee for actually knowing the rules in this regard, it's a shame that those who didn't know the rules put him under such pressure that he went on to lose his cool and make some poor decisions. Perhaps those journalists, pundits, ex-players and ex-referees who believe the goal should have stood without question might wish to bone up on the rules rather than talking out of their a***s as usual.

Just to add a bit more confusion here, the offside rule was amended on March 2013. It's not surprising refs are unsure.

242hkeb.jpg

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
kramer said:
SuperYaya said:
The Tiote 'goal' turned the game into shit.

They were allowed to get away with everything including a disgusting hatchet job on Nasri. They'll whinge about the goal but they should have been down to 9 men for sure. Newcastle deserved nothing out of that game.

^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

agreed

well summed up

wireblue said:
Don't really see what the debate is. You don't have to touch the ball to be offside - you just have to create a distraction. If jumping out of the way of a shot on the six yard line isn't creating a distraction then I don't really know what is.

This all day. Surprisingly Liverpool fans were trying to argue on my twitter account about exactly this.

wireblue said:
This. He had time to at least make the effort to move away from goal as it was cleared. I think Hart would have saved it if he had. And that wasn't a foul on Nasri it was violent conduct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.