Newcastle Vs City Post Match Thread

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
A scrappy away win..just what the doctor ordered.
Shame re nasri..
Jones lost control of the game.
Fuck it..3pts..on we go

Compare the WHU match with that. Admittedly, Wiiiiiiiist Hiiiiiiiiiim didn't put in a tackle, but there are tackles and there are tackles and then there is blatant foul play. Newcastle have a good handfull who will mix it with the best and despite what the laws of the game advocate, a referee can only ref if both teams are prepared to abide by the laws and not decide that they are gonna break up play by having a kick at those who want to play football.

Good gritty performance and even the whipping boys Kolarov and Dzeko were excellent.
Onwards and upwards!

Having read through FIFA's guidelines on offsides (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/worldfootball/clubfootball/01/37/04/27/interpretation_law11_en.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/worldfo ... w11_en.pdf</a>), it seems clear that the referee made the right decision for the goal.

A player in an offside position need only '[make] a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent'. It's obvious that Gouffran's movement was some source of distraction to Hart given that he was in the direct path of the ball. In any case, the movement need only be deceptive 'in the opinion of the referee' and it's certainly not unreasonable in this case for the ref to think it was.

Well done to the referee for actually knowing the rules in this regard, it's a shame that those who didn't know the rules put him under such pressure that he went on to lose his cool and make some poor decisions. Perhaps those journalists, pundits, ex-players and ex-referees who believe the goal should have stood without question might wish to bone up on the rules rather than talking out of their a***s as usual.

606 tonight

on tonight's show:

"Tiote's disallowed goal would have won the game",

"Pardew is a polite and best manager in the land"

"Ref was biased to another 'top team' (even though he didn't send off Yanga-Mbwia or Cabaye)"

Ian Wright defends Arsenal

should be a laugh to listen :P

Re: 606 tonight

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
on tonight's show:

"Tiote's disallowed goal would have won the game",

"Pardew is a polite and best manager in the land"

"Ref was biased to another 'top team' (even though he didn't send off Yanga-Mbwia or Cabaye)"

Ian Wright defends Arsenal

should be a laugh to listen :P
i only listen when it's all about n'ted
couldn't give a stuff about city

Mcfcmoet said:
Very strange game. After an early goal I really thought we would have settled, broke up play and created a few more chances. However lots of misplaced passes gave them far too many opportunities. Their goal maybe should have stood. After that ref lost the plot! Second half Garcia had a great game. They should think themselves lucky to finish with 11! Fair play to MDM had a good game today. Negrado goal summed up a great hard fought win. Hope Samir is ok. (First post. Mcfc fan for 30 yrs)

you do realise youve got to have at least 40 years of pain before you can start a thread :)

samharris said:
stony said:
samharris said:
Surely if a player is in an offside position and he moves out of the way of the ball(which would have hit him) this must be interfering with play..if hed not moved then the ball would have hit him and not gone in and he would have then been flagged for offside..

Right decision imo.

If he doesn't move, the ball hits him and doesn't go in. Surely he became active as soon as he dodged out of the way ?

You feel the same as me then fella..

This is exactly the case, the officials got this 100% right If on the other hand he'd been just to right and hadn't ducked it would have been a goal Fine margins

Gabriel said:
St Ives blue said:
My first reaction to their 'goal' was to shout "offside", and so it was as he was a distraction to Joe. No idea why the thick geordies continued to boo Joe though, unless it was just because he put his arm in the air to claim offside?

Saying that, I wouldn't be happy if we scored that goal and it was disallowed!

Think they just booed everything. Reminded me of Billy Connolly's comment that when people get so angry, so frustrated, all they can scream is f###in boooo!
Geordies were just like the Stokies today - they dont get behind their team - they just wanna boo the opposition and the ref.

Great win. Hope Nasri recovers soon. Goal was offside as the striker sold a dummy therefore was part of the move and interfered with play. He should have made some effort to get onside or move to his left away from goal as the ball was cleared. I think that Hart not reacting to the shot made the linesman make the right decision. They battled hard and are now showing consistent steel when it's needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.