Newcastle Vs City post match thread

Good start and really a comfortable 2.0 win,only problem for me was Atkinson letting Newcastle players foul all match without getting booked,on to Liverpool next would really love to see us smash them fcukers...

Lassotheswede said:
Ratings:
Hart 6 Rusty
Clichy 8 filled the right well
Kompany 7 Rusty, but good passing and positioning
DM 6 Rusty
Kolarov 6 going forward, but lost it into dangerous CounterA
Fernando 7,5 good debut and the octopussy can pass also
Yaya 5 Rusty and unfit, maybe a bit harsh but compaired to what he can do
Nasri 5 where was he?
Silva 7 rusty but glimpses of his usual masterclass, good for him to get a goal in an early game, hope he will shot more this season!
Jovetic 6 the grade only for effort and energy, but passing and shooting was not up to standards so maybe should be graded 5
Dzeko 8 MoM, Good energy, passing,positioning and workrate.

Subs: Fernandinho Rusty, Milner always 100% but not much to work with, Aguero PURE CLASS !

Maybe bit harsh on Kolarov but rest ok

jimharri said:
Lassotheswede said:
Ratings:
Hart 6 Rusty
DM 6 Rusty
Nasri 5 where was he?
Silva 7 rusty but glimpses of his usual masterclass, good for him to get a goal in an early game, hope he will shot more this season!
Jovetic 6 the grade only for effort and energy, but passing and shooting was not up to standards so maybe should be graded 5

Subs: Fernandinho Rusty, Milner always 100% but not much to work with, Aguero PURE CLASS !
Care to elaborate? Newcastle didn't have a shot on target, consequently JH had very little to do today. It's hard to make any kind of analysis of his performance today.
I thought Hart's ball distribution was very good. I agree with you I thought he was good.

Can't understand any criticism of the ref. Thought he had a decent game tbh and got most decisions right.

Didn't expect us to be at our best today but it was a professional performance with some good individual performances. I thought Kompany was class as usual at the back today, despite a slow start Fernando got better and better and he had a great second half performance. Up front Edin Dzeko showed a side to his game he hasn't really shown before with his all round play and holding up of the ball excellent.

Yaya looked lumbersome and Nasri not really in the game but job done. Some tough games coming up but if we can beat the dippers next week it's a fantastic start.

RandomJ said:
I'd still like a midfield 3 of:

Fernando
Yaya Fernandino
Sometimes maybe. But not too often I hope. We're Manchester City FC following Soriano's football plan under Begiristain and Pellegrini and that midfield might be a bit pragmatic or dour, especially for home games.

But CL away games, games v Chelsea, second halves like today - certainly.

Lassotheswede said:
Ratings:
Hart 6 Rusty
DM 6 Rusty
Nasri 5 where was he?

Worst player ratings of all time.

jimharri said:
Lassotheswede said:
Ratings:
Hart 6 Rusty
DM 6 Rusty
Nasri 5 where was he?

Care to elaborate? Newcastle didn't have a shot on target, consequently JH had very little to do today. It's hard to make any kind of analysis of his performance today.

Thought there were a couple of occasions when he was slow to come off his line and sweep, but I think that may have been due to them leaving the grass a little long and catching us short. Didn't think he was too bad either.

Don't underestimate the importance of that performance and result today. Newcastle were right up for it and will give everyone a tough game at home this season. They played well and didn't manage a shot on target. A great start by the lads with more to come as the lads who played at the world cup and new signings bed in. Special mention for Edin, immense today.

noise said:
jimharri said:
Lassotheswede said:
Ratings:
Hart 6 Rusty
DM 6 Rusty
Nasri 5 where was he?

I thought Hart's ball distribution was very good. I agree with you I thought he was good.
I think he punched the air good on one corner kick... Also fell asleep on one MDM pass...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.