Newcastle Vs City post match thread

hertsblue said:
Foy was his usual shitness. 5 yellows to us in just 11 fouls. Crazy. Seemed to apply rules differently for home team and away, the 2 free kicks in 2 minutes when he didn't even use the spray or book their player and 2 mins later does both those against us

So was Atkinson.

olddirty said:
noise said:
jimharri said:
Care to elaborate? Newcastle didn't have a shot on target, consequently JH had very little to do today. It's hard to make any kind of analysis of his performance today.
I thought Hart's ball distribution was very good. I agree with you I thought he was good.
I think he punched the air good on one corner kick... Also fell asleep on one MDM pass...

He missed one punch and got to another one so swings and roundabouts and Demichellis' pass was underpowered Hart did well to get to it before a Newcastle shirt did.

sixlashes said:
jimharri said:
Lassotheswede said:
Ratings:
Hart 6 Rusty
Clichy 8 filled the right well
Kompany 7 Rusty, but good passing and positioning
DM 6 Rusty
Kolarov 6 going forward, but lost it into dangerous CounterA
Fernando 7,5 good debut and the octopussy can pass also
Yaya 5 Rusty and unfit, maybe a bit harsh but compaired to what he can do
Nasri 5 where was he?
Silva 7 rusty but glimpses of his usual masterclass, good for him to get a goal in an early game, hope he will shot more this season!
Jovetic 6 the grade only for effort and energy, but passing and shooting was not up to standards so maybe should be graded 5
Dzeko 8 MoM, Good energy, passing,positioning and workrate.

Subs: Fernandinho Rusty, Milner always 100% but not much to work with, Aguero PURE CLASS !
Care to elaborate? Newcastle didn't have a shot on target, consequently JH had very little to do today. It's hard to make any kind of analysis of his performance today.
I can...he came for a punch completely missed the ball....open goal missed from 5yds,,,
That is a good point. However; one bad error does not make a whole performance rusty, in my opinion. Others will differ. So be it. I'm not getting intoa n argument tonight after us winning!

Lassotheswede said:
Ratings:
Hart 6 Rusty
DM 6 Rusty
Nasri 5 where was he?
Silva 7 rusty but glimpses of his usual masterclass, good for him to get a goal in an early game, hope he will shot more this season!
Jovetic 6 the grade only for effort and energy, but passing and shooting was not up to standards so maybe should be graded 5

Subs: Fernandinho Rusty, Milner always 100% but not much to work with, Aguero PURE CLASS !

You are aware that Nasri had the same amount of touches as Jovetic. Kolarov, Demichelis and Hart should have higher ratings.

Glad we played them early. Can see them picking up a few points at home.
Kun is a demon! More of the same please.

jimharri said:
Lassotheswede said:
Ratings:
Hart 6 Rusty
DM 6 Rusty
Nasri 5 where was he?

Always hard to grade a goalie with few saves, when many saves earning them the high grades, but I´m a bit worried at times in aerial challenges and sometimes in positioning when attacks go side to side in the box, but he is usually good coming out on passes between our centerbacks and clearing. Hope the answer was okay?!

Excellent result. Thought we'd get beat today. On that showing by Newcastle, Liverpool and Arsenal would have lost, and the Scum would have been torn to pieces. Nasty game out of the way.

Excellent result, first and foremost.
I thought we were professional throughout. Clichy, Dzeko and Fernando deserve extra credit, but all in all a real team effort and to think most of the squad are still some way from peak fitness and the likes of Zabaleta and Mangala to come in to the team, I'd say were things are looking great.

Hart - nothing much to do really. One bad misjudge that could have cost us.
Clichy - very solid in defence but we lose a very imortant offensive dimension with a left-footed right back.
Kompany - impressive considering no preseason preparation.
Demichelis - solid, but a little sloppy with some passes that lead to Newcastle chances.
Santa - good game. 5 man midfield from Newcastle saw him with fewer runs than usual, but always a danger on the left wing.
Fernando - splendid début. Will join Kompany, Zab and Fernandihno in the Iron club. MOTM
Yaya - Average today. Looses the ball on too many occasions. Still some brilliant passing as always.
Nasri - works hard and have some moments, but still far from his best.
Silva - His defensive work really impressed me today. The little wizard can be tough. Cool headed when he got his chance.
Jovetic - he tries and tries, some is brilliant, some not. Will have a good season.
Dzeko - still a bit one-dimensional when he has a chance and like Yaya losses the ball too much today. But overall a good game and his assist was the highlight of the match
Fernandinho - rusty but we all know how important he is.
Milner - glad to see him get some time.
Aguero - what can you say? If he'll play more than 25 games this season no one can stop us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.