Newcastle Vs City post match thread

stimo said:
very happy with that performance. dzeko, clichy and fernando all brilliant, but kompany for me was man of the match he was absolutely impassable at the back.

I thought you could clearly tell that Vinnie wasn't match sharp by a lot of clumsy or slightly late challenges. Got through with quality and grit. Rusty is the word that applies to a lot of player and the team on a whole at the moment IMO

Good test,,,bit rusty but good performance & good win.

No real downsides....game time into plenty of legs...Zabba,Frank,Baccary,Eli still to come...oh and Sergio, what a little beaut. So much to look forward to.

Newcastle will do good this season I have a feeling. They have a pretty decent team. I enjoyed today's game, we look like an improved side. If I had to come up with a negative that would be the yellow cards accumulated.

Wonderful result, big 3 points.

Fernando had a solid debut and the back 4, in the main, did pretty well.

Dzeko and Silva were impressive and it's nice to see Sergio get on the score sheet.

Bring on the bin dippers..

Aguero's goal reminded me of that volley he scored last season where he just stood there and maintained his body strength whilst just sticking his leg out and scoring.
How he got up today and managed to maintain the balance and strength was very similar.

3 points.

Demichelis was ok but good performances from Dzeko,Komps,Silva,Jovetic,Clichy,Kolarov and Fernando.

jimharri said:
Lassotheswede said:
Ratings:
Hart 6 Rusty
Clichy 8 filled the right well
Kompany 7 Rusty, but good passing and positioning
DM 6 Rusty
Kolarov 6 going forward, but lost it into dangerous CounterA
Fernando 7,5 good debut and the octopussy can pass also
Yaya 5 Rusty and unfit, maybe a bit harsh but compaired to what he can do
Nasri 5 where was he?
Silva 7 rusty but glimpses of his usual masterclass, good for him to get a goal in an early game, hope he will shot more this season!
Jovetic 6 the grade only for effort and energy, but passing and shooting was not up to standards so maybe should be graded 5
Dzeko 8 MoM, Good energy, passing,positioning and workrate.

Subs: Fernandinho Rusty, Milner always 100% but not much to work with, Aguero PURE CLASS !
Care to elaborate? Newcastle didn't have a shot on target, consequently JH had very little to do today. It's hard to make any kind of analysis of his performance today.
I can...he came for a punch completely missed the ball....open goal missed from 5yds,,,

Good result for the team, to a go a fast improving Newcastle and get the 3pts is good result, it was obvious that that some of the players was still getting up to speed with their fitness, but good to see Fernando in front of the back four, and had a decent first game, Dzeko had a good game and a good lay off for Silva to score, I thought we showed some mettle in our defence when during the last 20mins of the match Newcastle was trying to up their game, but good to see Aguero come on and score at the end...............well done guys

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.