Newcastle Vs City post match thread

A brilliantly professional performance. First match of the season after a world cup and we continued where we left off from the last 5 games of last season. Dzeko played really well in the main even though there were still glimpses of his clumsiness from previous seasons, but they seem to be appearing less and less nowadays.

MOTM for me had to be Fernando what a fucking beast! he looked a little bit off the pace during pre season and i can't deny that i wasn't a worried about him before today but he was everywhere and showed everything that we needed in a central defensive midfielder.

He had pace, he had power and displayed flashes of brazilian skill too. i think he's going to be a star for us this coming season, what a player. Jovetic will have a brilliant season for us. He played well today, but seemed a little too anxious to impress which is understandable given his travails from last season. Pellegrini's Keegan-esque tendancies worried me when he first arrived, but I think that by the time the title run in came about, he realised its not all about how you win but that winning itself was all important and today I think we continued in that vein.

Clichy was a close 2nd for MOTM for me and what a relief it was to see Kompany back in the defence. Yaya was a lot better today but still has a long way to go to reach the best of last season's performances. Nasri was good in flashes, but considering he had no world cup to worry about, I was expecting a lot more from him tbh. Silva was just the magician he always is and I still think we're not the same without him and if we need to strengthen before the window closes, it would be to find a player capable of providing competition/cover for Merlin. Isco????????

The cricket scores will come, but for now we need points on the board until the whole squad is up to speed especially with the tough start to the season we have. All things considered, I couldn't be happier with today's performance against a promising and well drilled Newcastle side.

nellyonthewing said:
Train said:
Lassotheswede said:
Ratings:
Hart 6 Rusty
Clichy 8 filled the right well
Kompany 7 Rusty, but good passing and positioning
DM 6 Rusty
Kolarov 6 going forward, but lost it into dangerous CounterA
Fernando 7,5 good debut and the octopussy can pass also
Yaya 5 Rusty and unfit, maybe a bit harsh but compaired to what he can do
Nasri 5 where was he?
Silva 7 rusty but glimpses of his usual masterclass, good for him to get a goal in an early game, hope he will shot more this season!
Jovetic 6 the grade only for effort and energy, but passing and shooting was not up to standards so maybe should be graded 5
Dzeko 8 MoM, Good energy, passing,positioning and workrate.

Subs: Fernandinho Rusty, Milner always 100% but not much to work with, Aguero PURE CLASS !

You are aware that Nasri had the same amount of touches as Jovetic. Kolarov, Demichelis and Hart should have higher ratings.

Here we go again....If a successful pass is 3 foot to Yaya six times in succession then yes you'll get great stats. jovetic,& kolarov tried to create something with their passes. Nasri is great at tippy tappy but didn't look great on the right for me.
Involved in some great breaks forward first half and had that piledriver of a shot that Krul barely managed to beat away, tired later on but I didn't see anything wrong with his play, he did the right thing playing safe with his passing when all around him were giving the ball away.

razman said:
big news

@IanCheeseman 19s

Pellegrini just told me Dzeko close to new deal (sounds done to me)he admitted Nastasic & @MicahRichards might leave this month #mcfc

i would rather see Nasty ahead of boyata in our team all year long, so would sad to see Nasty go

Luck95 said:
razman said:
big news

@IanCheeseman 19s

Pellegrini just told me Dzeko close to new deal (sounds done to me)he admitted Nastasic & @MicahRichards might leave this month #mcfc

i would rather see Nasty ahead of boyata in our team all year long, so would sad to see Nasty go

Damn, looks like Nasty sat out because he's moving on. Shame to see him go.

Luck95 said:
razman said:
big news

@IanCheeseman 19s

IMO Sagna could be our #4 CB as long as he isn't playing right-back. Some Arsenal fans I have asked have told me he was excellent at CB for them and he himself admitted his future could be in the middle (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/sagna-i-see-my-future-in-the-centre" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... the-centre</a>).

Luck95 said:
razman said:
big news

@IanCheeseman 19s

i think city got cornered into offering boyata a new contracting as he was counting as home grown

in any case , if we sell nastasic , hope we have a buy back clause

Dzeko developing into a class player, much better than I gave him credit for in the past, a fully fit city will be a sight to be hold.

Fantastic professional performance from the blues. A bit ring rusty of course, a few cobwebs will have been cleared today after some getting their first 90 minutes of football under their belts.

Make no mistake that Newcastle side will cause trouble for a lot of teams on their own midden. Just so happy we got the three points. A couple of beers tonight to celebrate me thinks.

razman said:
Luck95 said:
razman said:
big news

@IanCheeseman 19s

i think city got cornered into offering boyata a new contracting as he was counting as home grown

in any case , if we sell nastasic , hope we have a buy back clause

Can't believe we're selling nastasic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.