Newcastle Vs City post match thread

DruntBlunt said:
Hart - nothing much to do really. One bad misjudge that could have cost us.
Clichy - very solid in defence but we lose a very imortant offensive dimension with a left-footed right back.
Kompany - impressive considering no preseason preparation.
Demichelis - solid, but a little sloppy with some passes that lead to Newcastle chances.
Santa - good game. 5 man midfield from Newcastle saw him with fewer runs than usual, but always a danger on the left wing.
Fernando - splendid début. Will join Kompany, Zab and Fernandihno in the Iron club. MOTM
Yaya - Average today. Looses the ball on too many occasions. Still some brilliant passing as always.
Nasri - works hard and have some moments, but still far from his best.
Silva - His defensive work really impressed me today. The little wizard can be tough. Cool headed when he got his chance.
Jovetic - he tries and tries, some is brilliant, some not. Will have a good season.
Dzeko - still a bit one-dimensional when he has a chance and like Yaya losses the ball too much today. But overall a good game and his assist was the highlight of the match
Fernandinho - rusty but we all know how important he is.
Milner - glad to see him get some time.
Aguero - what can you say? If he'll play more than 25 games this season no one can stop us.

He's right footed.

DruntBlunt said:
Hart - nothing much to do really. One bad misjudge that could have cost us.
Clichy - very solid in defence but we lose a very imortant offensive dimension with a left-footed right back.
Kompany - impressive considering no preseason preparation.
Demichelis - solid, but a little sloppy with some passes that lead to Newcastle chances.
Santa - good game. 5 man midfield from Newcastle saw him with fewer runs than usual, but always a danger on the left wing.
Fernando - splendid début. Will join Kompany, Zab and Fernandihno in the Iron club. MOTM
Yaya - Average today. Looses the ball on too many occasions. Still some brilliant passing as always.
Nasri - works hard and have some moments, but still far from his best.
Silva - His defensive work really impressed me today. The little wizard can be tough. Cool headed when he got his chance.
Jovetic - he tries and tries, some is brilliant, some not. Will have a good season.
Dzeko - still a bit one-dimensional when he has a chance and like Yaya losses the ball too much today. But overall a good game and his assist was the highlight of the match
Fernandinho - rusty but we all know how important he is.
Milner - glad to see him get some time.
Aguero - what can you say? If he'll play more than 25 games this season no one can stop us.

uh ooh

Hopefully Newcastle sign a good striker like Remy now that we've played there. That's all they were really missing.

Very happy with our performance given all the circumstances like World Cup and lack of fitness for some. We were very solid for most of the game but later on the defence was a little more ropey, possibly suffering fatigue.

We lacked some creativity but we were clinical, converting 2 of not that many shots on target.

Fernando was very good, but my MotM would be Dzeko who played like a proper centre forward and had that great assist.

Only Nasri really disappointed me today, far too quiet. Maybe he had nightmares of being injured there last season.

Lassotheswede said:
jimharri said:
Lassotheswede said:
Ratings:
Hart 6 Rusty
Clichy 8 filled the right well
Kompany 7 Rusty, but good passing and positioning
DM 6 Rusty
Kolarov 6 going forward, but lost it into dangerous CounterA
Fernando 7,5 good debut and the octopussy can pass also
Yaya 5 Rusty and unfit, maybe a bit harsh but compaired to what he can do
Nasri 5 where was he?
Silva 7 rusty but glimpses of his usual masterclass, good for him to get a goal in an early game, hope he will shot more this season!
Jovetic 6 the grade only for effort and energy, but passing and shooting was not up to standards so maybe should be graded 5
Dzeko 8 MoM, Good energy, passing,positioning and workrate.

Subs: Fernandinho Rusty, Milner always 100% but not much to work with, Aguero PURE CLASS !
Care to elaborate? Newcastle didn't have a shot on target, consequently JH had very little to do today. It's hard to make any kind of analysis of his performance today.

Always hard to grade a goalie with few saves, when many saves earning them the high grades, but I´m a bit worried at times in aerial challenges and sometimes in positioning when attacks go side to side in the box, but he is usually good coming out on passes between our centerbacks and clearing. Hope the answer was okay?!
The answer is fine. If you look back at my post, I said the same thing as you about it being difficult to assess his performance today, when he had relatively little to do. If he had had more to do, he would probably have been sharper; he has been criticized in the past for his concentration levels.

EaglesFan said:
I cant believe people were (and probably still will be) calling for Dzeko to sit for Jovetic.

Jovo is a good player, no doubt...but Edin = Production.

Kun + Edin should be the main partnership, with Jovetic and Negredo coming of the bench.

No doubt in my book. None.
Well that's hardly shocking is it.

You've said the same thing no matter how he has played for years.

He was excellent today I may add.

Very very satisfied with that performance. Looked almost like a mid-season performance. Composed and controlled, rather than nervous and try-hard. Fernando was Man of the Match for my money. Excellent to see Sergio scoring as well, great goal. I was a bit worried the World Cup might affect him but that goal was straight out of the Sergio goal scoring school. The first goal was a beauty as well from all involved.

Bluemoon230989 said:
hertsblue said:
Foy was his usual shitness. 5 yellows to us in just 11 fouls. Crazy. Seemed to apply rules differently for home team and away, the 2 free kicks in 2 minutes when he didn't even use the spray or book their player and 2 mins later does both those against us

Apart from it was Atkinson I Agree 100%, home reffing for certain, a yellow for every other foul? - it's retardation of our squad in games missed serving one match bans during December that. Agenda.
Spray thing pissed me off too, guess he just "forgot".

Great win today, the team is obviously not 100%, but the most important thing is that we won today. I was very impressed with Fernando, he was like a 3rd CB, and I truly believe we would've dropped points today without him, especially that insane block from Perez was fantastic. I must admit I was a little sceptic, but today I was totally convinced. Yaya was poor, made the wrong decisions in the last part of the game, should've kept the ball rather than trying to score again, and he was bad on the ball as well. Kompany and Dzeko was also great, and a very nice goal from Aguero, lets hope he can stay fit ;)

Blue Punter said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Liked how Tyler thought that Newcastle deserved more but didnt have a shot on target all game. Didnt get out of second gear and still won away from home, nice 3 points, stuff of champions.

Tyler was desperate for a goal in injury time. Just not for City.

I had an NBC stream. Dunno who was commentating but he came up with 'a valiant home defeat'! Why is it that they focus on the losing team when we win? And five bookings! Are we getting bookings when other teams get off?

I was very impressed with the performance today. Both full backs and Dzeko being the pick of the bunch. I am a bit surprised at the opinions on Yaya. I thought Yaya linked our play from back to front very well and his passing was a bit more precise than Silva's. Jovetic worked hard and the two centre backs were for the most part secure and comfortable. It was only Nasri really who had an off day today.

Yet another different take on the bookings. No arguments with four of them but Kolorov's was harsh I thought.

As for Kun; what an impressive goal. Maybe if he had leaned over and bitten Coloccini on the arm just as he sprang up off the ground and slammed it in he would get a bit more credit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.