Newcastle Vs City post match thread

Not much to complain about in the circumstances. We looked like what we are: champions who are at the start of a long road and need time to get everyone up to full match sharpness.

Dzeko deserved his MoTM award.

Clichy did really well at RB.

Jovetic was lively but still wastes the ball too often.

Having Vinnie and MDM made a huge difference.

Fernando looks like being a very good acquisition.

Silva, Yaya, Nasri and Kun are just top quality.

My one complaint on the day, and it's not new, is that we do not show enough composure seeing out tight games.

Credit to Newcastle also.They look hungry and capable,i don't think they'll struggle this year and will cause a few upsets.

Coming away with 3 points is starting to look better and better.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I was very impressed with the performance today. Both full backs and Dzeko being the pick of the bunch. I am a bit surprised at the opinions on Yaya. I thought Yaya linked our play from back to front very well and his passing was a bit more precise than Silva's. Jovetic worked hard and the two centre backs were for the most part secure and comfortable. It was only Nasri really who had an off day today.

Yet another different take on the bookings. No arguments with four of them but Kolorov's was harsh I thought.

As for Kun; what an impressive goal. Maybe if he had leaned over and bitten Coloccini on the arm just as he sprang up off the ground and slammed it in he would get a bit more credit.
If Kolarovs was harsh than what about silva? Standing still with both feet firmly planted and the clumsy **** fell into him.

A fine win today, on the opening day of the season, against a very determined Newcastle side, but in the end, our class shown through and we were just too good for them, Aguero's fine goal at the death finishing them off.

It will take a lot to stop the City goal machine again, as before, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelski being our main rivals.

Newcastle will finish in their usual spot around seventh.

Look out for Burnley, they may be the surprise package.....

A great win today, glad that one is out of the way Toon look like they will be a decent side once the players click.

Silva and Dzeko were awsome. Nasri and Yaya look rusty good performance off Joe...

Train said:
Lassotheswede said:
Ratings:
Hart 6 Rusty
Clichy 8 filled the right well
Kompany 7 Rusty, but good passing and positioning
DM 6 Rusty
Kolarov 6 going forward, but lost it into dangerous CounterA
Fernando 7,5 good debut and the octopussy can pass also
Yaya 5 Rusty and unfit, maybe a bit harsh but compaired to what he can do
Nasri 5 where was he?
Silva 7 rusty but glimpses of his usual masterclass, good for him to get a goal in an early game, hope he will shot more this season!
Jovetic 6 the grade only for effort and energy, but passing and shooting was not up to standards so maybe should be graded 5
Dzeko 8 MoM, Good energy, passing,positioning and workrate.

Subs: Fernandinho Rusty, Milner always 100% but not much to work with, Aguero PURE CLASS !

You are aware that Nasri had the same amount of touches as Jovetic. Kolarov, Demichelis and Hart should have higher ratings.

Here we go again....If a successful pass is 3 foot to Yaya six times in succession then yes you'll get great stats. jovetic,& kolarov tried to create something with their passes. Nasri is great at tippy tappy but didn't look great on the right for me.

big news

@IanCheeseman 19s

Pellegrini just told me Dzeko close to new deal (sounds done to me)he admitted Nastasic & @MicahRichards might leave this month #mcfc

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
A fine win today, on the opening day of the season, against a very determined Newcastle side, but in the end, our class shown through and we were just too good for them, Aguero's fine goal at the death finishing them off.

It will take a lot to stop the City goal machine again, as before, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelski being our main rivals.

Newcastle will finish in their usual spot around seventh.

Look out for Burnley, they may be the surprise package.....

I think Leicester will be the best of the promoted teams, fairly tough to beat at their place and they've a bit of cash to spend if they want to, their new Argentine strikers pretty good and when you're down at the bottom a decent goal scorer can make all the difference. Agree with the rest though.

I had no real problem with any of our bookings,Kompanys was probably the harshest,their player was definitely looking for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.