Newcastle Vs City post match thread

KippaxCitizen said:
There are a great many easy games over the season. Some teams in this league can consistently throw up some complete dross. That's why some of the top sides can score 90 goals in a season.

I take your point, but what I meant was you can never just assume you are going to walk over opponents, Everton, Sunderland and Swansea away to name but three. All tough games, which on paper we should win fairly easily.

Very, very satisfying performance. The more so in that we weren't particularly good, but we always had too much in the tank for a much improved Magpie side. That's exactly the sort of business-as-usual performance that signals serious title contenders (or should that be defenders?). We've hit the ground running.
Couple of details though. The BBC site thinks that Jovetic was more or less brilliant. Sorry, but I didn't see that match. I thought his first and second touch was often poor, and if this sounds harsh, he is exactly the player that I'm expecting the biggest things of this season.
Dzeko's backheel. Exquisite. Dzeko often looked as though he wasn't sure that Mancini rated him. Only a man who's very comfortable in his skin attempts gestures like that. As many have said, MOTM.
Silva: always holding, always probing. By God but we're lucky to have him!
Aguero: it was the coolness with which he took that second bite of the cherry that was astounding. Sheer, 22 carat, class.
LIverpool didn"t do anything today that frightened me. They were decidedly lucky to come out of it with the three points. All credit to Saints who, for my money, dominated the second half. They were worth at least a point, with better finishing, all three. Sterling needs watching — the lad's good, no doubt about it. MDM is a good reader of the ball when it's coming at him in the air, but he gets done by players like Sterling. Someone else to deal with the Sterling/Sturridge problem, please.
Monday? Bring it on.

Chippy_boy said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Solid really..never looked threatened....

Blue glasses. They had lots of chances and a bit better quality and could have caught us out. We were the better side and deserved our win, but to say they didn't threaten, I can't agree,

They did and a couple of hairy moments, the fernando block being their best chance
but we were coasting for most of the game and deserved the points

Chippy_boy said:

Blue glasses. They had lots of chances and a bit better quality and could have caught us out. We were the better side and deserved our win, but to say they didn't threaten, I can't agree,

Joe made one save in the second half..they were bang average newcastle . I expected more.

Haven't read the thread but will start in exactly the same way I started after last season's win against Newcastle in the opening game.

I think we've just seen this season's champions.

Thought we were excellent today without really getting out of 2nd gear. Newcastle will be top 8 on that showing and we brushed them aside with relative ease.

Players looked hungry, motivated and determined to build on last season. We simply didn't have that attitude last time we defended the title.

Thought we looked very solid (apart from a couple of 'all at sea' moments from corners). Much harder to score against than last season.

Thought everyone played well especially Dzeko and Kolarov..

However, my MOTM by a fucking mile was Fernando. The man is a beast. He was fucking everywhere and swept up danger with assured brilliance. Made 2 absolutely vital 'last ditch' blocks to help us keep a clean sheet. He's strong, aggressive, reads the danger well and is absolutely rock hard. He even throws in a few old skool 'slide tackles'. Makes Garcia and Rodwell look like Frank Spencer and Gok Wan.

Champions again imo.

Yates said:
What's Aguero's strike rate since beginning of last season?
Not as good as from the start of this season :)

Last season he scored 1.12 goals per game overall, but only a pathetic 1.01 goals per game in the Prem (assuming 94 minutes per game).

We still looked rusty and didn't play great but we still won 2-0 away which I suppose is a great sign for the future.

I thought Silva was average in the half, his touch and passing were way off but he got better in the second half.

Fernando had some shaky moments but overall he was solid and impressed on his debut.

Clichy was excellent defensively but we missed Zabaleta's runs going forward.

Toure looks well off the pace.

Dzeko and Jovetic were decent and for Sergio to be on the pitch for just ten minutes and get a goal was brilliant to see!

@StuBrennanMEN 1m

Pellegrini also says Nastasic, Richards, Sinclair and Guidetti are surplus to requirements.

shame about all of them tbh espcially nastasic and Guidetti

Chippy_boy said:

Well the stats say not attempts on target, so they didn't threaten our goal ;-) Joking apart I thought we looked a bit rusty, but
played some excellent stuff in parts. Deserved win. IMHO. Dzeko seems to improved his hold up play no end.
Looking good for when everyone is up to speed. Can't wait :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.