Newcastle Vs City post match thread

willipp said:
KiLP12 said:
willipp said:
Great result, but we were far from great. We did enough and scored 2 class goals, but that was a team lacking a lot of match sharpness against a poor Newcastle side. Its a good 90 minutes under our belts but we will need to be a lot better against Liverpool.

I'm sorry this wasn't a poor Newcastle side.

I beg to differ. They were organised, clearly up for it and worked hard, but really they lack and true quality.For all their hard work they created very little and in the final third they lack any class what so ever. They will be mid table at best.

Well that gives them a little more credence than just poor.

I thought it was a very good performance by us and a great result. I reckon this season we will improve our defensive record from last season.

Best players for me were Clichy, Kolarov, Dzeko & Kompany. I was a bit disappointed with Jovetic, gave the ball away a few times and also shooting when others were better placed. Probably just trying to impress too much, especially as Sergio looks almost fully fit. If that man can stay fit for the whole season, anything is possible !

JamesMCFC said:
Fernando looks and plays like Fernandinho

Reminds me of these two...

[bigimg]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100413020307/breakingbad/images/a/a5/Episode-2-Cousins-760.jpg[/bigimg]
I call them F1 and F2.

Good win I would have taken a draw before the KO. Newcastle will be no ones pushover this season.
Best part of today was hearing the muttered "come on Newcastle" from the 12 or so Devon reds in the pub (only 2 have ever been to the swamp). Honest its great to be a exile these days.

Few people on here being a bit harsh about Jovetic, he can overplay things at times but he was behind most of the good things we did in the first half and he is always looking to set things up. He started today and was obviously a bit over-keen at times but will settle down. I'm annoyed with Atkinson, we saw in the World Cup a glimmer of hope in that refs were being more sensible with their cards but he was was just flashing it around with gay abandon today, 6 cards and hardly a bad foul in the whole match....a complete douche bag.
That's a great start for us, Newcastle were up for it big time in the 2nd half and we were disciplined and strong. Dzeko continued his great form from the end of last season and Fernando, after a mixed first half where he looked a bit off the pace really came onto his game in the 2nd half.
For someone who is clearly not 100% fit, Vinnie was great at the back. Kolarov is turning out to be a class act as well.
Got to be happy with that result fellow blues.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
willipp said:
KiLP12 said:

I beg to differ. They were organised, clearly up for it and worked hard, but really they lack and true quality.For all their hard work they created very little and in the final third they lack any class what so ever. They will be mid table at best.

Well that gives them a little more credence than just poor.

Exactly, I think with their signings gelling a bit more, they'll be up there somewhere. Though, Cabella might just turn out to be a star and will be targeted in the near transfer windows if he shines for Newcastle United.

willipp said:
KiLP12 said:
willipp said:
Great result, but we were far from great. We did enough and scored 2 class goals, but that was a team lacking a lot of match sharpness against a poor Newcastle side. Its a good 90 minutes under our belts but we will need to be a lot better against Liverpool.

Top 8.

Lassotheswede said:
Ratings:
Hart 6 Rusty
Clichy 8 filled the right well
Kompany 7 Rusty, but good passing and positioning
DM 6 Rusty
Kolarov 6 going forward, but lost it into dangerous CounterA
Fernando 7,5 good debut and the octopussy can pass also
Yaya 5 Rusty and unfit, maybe a bit harsh but compaired to what he can do
Nasri 5 where was he?
Silva 7 rusty but glimpses of his usual masterclass, good for him to get a goal in an early game, hope he will shot more this season!
Jovetic 6 the grade only for effort and energy, but passing and shooting was not up to standards so maybe should be graded 5
Dzeko 8 MoM, Good energy, passing,positioning and workrate.

Subs: Fernandinho Rusty, Milner always 100% but not much to work with, Aguero PURE CLASS !

You mean they had wells in the middle of the pitch??? How did our players get round them?? (Sorry, euphoria setting in). :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.