Newcastle Vs City post match thread

Great result, but we were far from great. We did enough and scored 2 class goals, but that was a team lacking a lot of match sharpness against a poor Newcastle side. Its a good 90 minutes under our belts but we will need to be a lot better against Liverpool.

razman said:
@StuBrennanMEN 1m

Pellegrini also says Nastasic, Richards, Sinclair and Guidetti are surplus to requirements.

shame about all of them tbh espcially nastasic and Guidetti

Thats really harsh on nasty,he will be a star somewhere else

It was just a good, solid team performance and I don't think any players deserve to be criticized because all played their part.

Dzeko was a great outlet and won a bunch of balls for us, and just put in a great shift.

Fernando, Kompany, and Demichelis all solid as a rock.

Nasri and Silva kinda switch halves.. Samir was very good in the first half and everything he did was coming off, but the play was away from him in the 2nd. David was giving the ball away quite a bit, but then really came into the game and played well after his goal.

Kola and Clichy both very good.

Jovetic has already been discussed. Again I don't think criticism is warranted cuz he worked very hard. Just needs to learn the flow of our team a bit I think.

willipp said:
Great result, but we were far from great. We did enough and scored 2 class goals, but that was a team lacking a lot of match sharpness against a poor Newcastle side. Its a good 90 minutes under our belts but we will need to be a lot better against Liverpool.
And we will.

jimharri said:
willipp said:
And we will.
Going by today's performances Liverpool will be as wary if not more so

willipp said:

I'm sorry this wasn't a poor Newcastle side.

jimharri said:
willipp said:
And we will.

Yes definitely. Yaya needs games big time and will get a lot better and Vinnie and MDM will be a lot sharper for it. That goal for Kun as well will do his confidence the world of good after a tough WC.

pudge said:
jimharri said:
willipp said:
And we will.
Agreed; the mickeys were ropey enough today. Saints were unfortunate not to get something out of that game.

KiLP12 said:
willipp said:

I'm sorry this wasn't a poor Newcastle side.

I beg to differ. They were organised, clearly up for it and worked hard, but really they lack and true quality.For all their hard work they created very little and in the final third they lack any class what so ever. They will be mid table at best.

pudge said:
jimharri said:
willipp said:
And we will.
Worked with a big liverpool fan today. and he went out to watch their game, he said they were lucky, and Southampton were the better team.

I've no idea, didn't see or hear any of it, but if he says it, I'm happy to believe him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.