Newcastle Vs City post match thread

ChicagoBlue said:
warringtonblue said:
Looking at Gareth Barry on Saturday, if he'd have still been playing for us he'd have been sent off

Couldn't believe he didn't get a second yellow!! UFB, even though I like the fella!

Apparently GB's had 95 yellow cards. On track to become the first centurion.

ChicagoBlue said:
warringtonblue said:
Looking at Gareth Barry on Saturday, if he'd have still been playing for us he'd have been sent off

Couldn't believe he didn't get a second yellow!! UFB, even though I like the fella!

If it had been Mario, he would have been arrested, never mind sent off.

a good day out except for accident on A1, managed to detour thanks to sat nav, geordies were a great bunch in the pubs before and after match, always one of my favourite away days and very proud it was city fans who gave their respect to those unfortunate newcastle fans Liam & John RIP

The biggest takeaway from the game for me was that Newcastle are going to be a tough side who challenges a lot of teams this year. Glad we got this one out of the way early.

Nasri was very, very quiet in the second half but in his defense, we were usually playing the ball through the other side of the pitch than him. Would have liked to see him get more involved though especially since he was bright in the first half.

Yaya frankly looks about a month away from full fitness. Can only remember one play that even resembled a sprint. His vision is really quite incredible though so if it means he's just peppering balls over the top for a few weeks than so be it.

I liked the mettle that Fernando brought. Fernandinho looked good but had that one bad giveaway. Would love to see a midfield three of those guys at some point this season.

abellwillring said:
The biggest takeaway from the game for me was that Newcastle are going to be a tough side who challenges a lot of teams this year. Glad we got this one out of the way early.

Nasri was very, very quiet in the second half but in his defense, we were usually playing the ball through the other side of the pitch than him. Would have liked to see him get more involved though especially since he was bright in the first half.

Yaya frankly looks about a month away from full fitness. Can only remember one play that even resembled a sprint. His vision is really quite incredible though so if it means he's just peppering balls over the top for a few weeks than so be it.

I liked the mettle that Fernando brought. Fernandinho looked good but had that one bad giveaway. Would love to see a midfield three of those guys at some point this season.

would have been different for Nasri if he had a proper natural RB behind him to spread the play on both wings.

As well as City played on Sunday and a positive result ensuing, for large portions after we were 1-0 up we played naively and Newcastle had some very good chances to equalise. I agree with Len Rum's assessment and City have to play more cutely and less gung ho when the score line is still finely poised. Cracking individual performances all in blue around the pitch and I thought Clichy at right back was outstanding.

abellwillring said:

Going to see them 3 next Monday hopefully, fully agree about Yaya... Came back well overweight pre season in the states and has been jogging since, was getting stick off the defence in the CS for it too. He will need some support for a few weeks.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
abellwillring said:

would have been different for Nasri if he had a proper natural RB behind him to spread the play on both wings.

Good point*s. Agree with most all of this

a proper side would have pegged us back but just as they were below thier best so were we. both teams will play a lot better over the season. our rivals have to go there and i dont envy them.

de niro said:
a proper side would have pegged us back but just as they were below thier best so were we. both teams will play a lot better over the season. our rivals have to go there and i dont envy them.
Pretty much sums it up for me.

It was clear we weren't up to scratch however we managed to grind out the points. If we played like that mid-season I'd expect us to walk away with less than the three however the fact of the matter is, it was the first game of the season after a World Cup summer. It's going to be a hard place to go to this season, I can't see Arsenal picking up the three from there. Happy with the points, and in the circumstances, the performance was acceptable. Let's face it, we won't play like that when we welcome them to the Etihad, and they won't play like that when they welcome Arsenal, Liverpool, etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.