Newcastle Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chippy_boy said:
karen7 said:
Rammy Blue said:
Sure there's a very simple answer, which is probably that it's just down to City's choice, however I just wondered why other players from countries that were in the WC are already playing friendly games yet ours haven't laced their boots in anger?

Just seems really strange - for example, I'm just looking at my DreamTeam and checked out Hazard and he's had minutes in their last 3 games whereas Kompany has had zero mins.

Maybe it'll benefit us in long term but it seems a high-risk strategy with such a tough opening set of fixtures.

Thoughts?

I have been saying that for the last few days and got told to stop flapping
Seems you can't show concern without getting that stupid response

How very true. I have been surprised at our less than ideal preparation, and yet any mention of it and it's like an offence against Islam.

That's because there is a lot of supposition from people. How do any of us know how fit anybody is. We could see last
weekend that a few weren't at the races. Was that down to fitness or attitude ? Who knows. With world cup some players
were always going to play catch up. Anyway a lot can be achieved in this week, added to previous weeks training for the likes
of Kompany, Zaba et al. I know the forum is about opinions but the omg were not fit this and not fit that is FUCKING FLAPPING in my mind
and there is no basis for tit. IMO. Anyway if we lose on sunday i'll be FLAPPING like a good 'un.

I thought there was a touch of flapping over the result of the Community Shield, as if it was something meaningful. Whatever team we'd put out I don't think it would have affected the result. If we'd given Kompany, Zabaleta etc 45 mins it might even have been worse.

Clearly the club has made a decision to go into the new season undercooked and there's a debate to be had about that approach. It certainly isn't ideal preparation. But with the World Cup, the injury to Negredo, the need to wrap Aguero in cotton wool and the delay in signing Managala, ideal preparation wasn't an option.

Markt85 said:
How likely is Jovetic to start the first few games ?
I reckon he'll have a chance to stake his claim, and then it's up to him to keep his place. Depends on whether he scores.

Pellegrini hasn't said yet whether Aguero is in contention for the opening game. Only player ruled out is Negredo

'What team are we expecting?' Either A or B team looks alright. http://www.turnstyle.co.uk/football/2014/08/13/manchester-city-the-club-with-two-176m-teams/
MANCITYA_MANCITYB-turn-624x985.jpg

I think we should play a lone striker (Jovetic or Dzeko) until Aguero is back. This system worked fantastically at the end of the last season.

--------------------Hart----------------------
Sagna Kompany Nastasic Kolarov
--------Fernando ------ Yaya-------------
Navas-----------Silva-------------- Nasri
------------Jovetic/Dzeko------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.