Newcastle Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont understand why a lot of people are taking Dzeko out of the line-up vs. Newcastle???

1) He traditionally kicks their ass,
2) right now he is our only healthy, PROVEN striker (I mean - with all due respect to Jovo - I'll wait for a couple of actual COMPETITIVE games from him before taking out one of the most prolific scorers we have in his stead).

Methinks Nasri is on the bench to begin the match...Jovetic AND Dzeko will play up front...but we shall see.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11032526/Manchester-City-captain-Vincent-Kompany-says-he-thrives-on-proving-critics-wrong.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... wrong.html</a>

"our fitness will be put to the test in the very first game"

Suggests VK expects at least some of the just returned players to play

BlueDoona said:
Hart; Sagna, Kompany, Nastasic, Kolarov; Fernando, Yaya, Silva, Nasri; Jovetic, Dzeko.

I reckon MP will keep WC finalists/semi finalists out of the squad, because of his recent comments demonstrating the probability but also because it would make sense with the amount of unneeded injuries in the team at the moment.
I was thinking the same thing. I would expect the exact same line up

tonea2003 said:
Maverickblue said:
tonea2003 said:
sorry cant take that serious when you call it 1st period

Sorry mate, I really tried very hard to be serious: "A standard adult football match consists of two periods of 45 minutes each, known as halves". Wikipedia

good don't let it happen again :-)

repeat until embedded
1st half, 2nd half

"A standard adult football match consists of two halves of 45 minutes each, known as halves". Wikipedia[/quote]

Marvin said:
Rorz88 said:
Looking forward to Pelle's interview to see where the World cup players are at with regards to fitness, will be able to get a clearer view of them team after that. For what its worth, heres my team:

Hart

Kolarov
Kompany
Nastasic
Clichy

Navas
Yaya
Fernando
Silva
Jovetic

Dzeko
When would that be? Friday. It's normally 2 days before KO I think

I think it will be Friday mate, usually is, most managers had there's today

pm

Also posted this in the "tribute banner" thread, but it's relevant for those heading to the North East. Just a heads up for Blues going on Sunday....would be good if we joined in:

"Calls are being made to make a 17th minute applause a season long honour to two devoted Toon fans killed on the doomed MH17.
Fans at St James’ Park staged the minute’s tribute to John Alder and Liam Sweeney when Newcastle United took on Real Sociedad yesterday.
And today the Chronicle is calling on supporters to make the acclaim a permanent fixture for all games this season.
We have joined forces with fan groups and Liam’s family who said yesterday’s applause was a nice touch to the game.
Liam’s dad Barry Sweeney said: “I didn’t know they were doing that but it’s a nice gesture. It would be great if they did it for the rest of the season and they would be part of every game.
“They will never be forgotten.
“If Liam knew everyone was clapping for him he wouldn’t have believed it but he would have been so proud.”

The 17th minute was chosen by fans due because of the flight number – MH17. Fanzine writer and lifelong Newcastle United supporter Steve Wraith echoed the calls.
He said: “It’s a great idea and a fitting tribute to two loyal Newcastle fans.
“It takes nothing to do that as a supporter and it is something which should be done.
“It’s something that will build momentum quickly. It started today and hopefully it will keep going and go on for the rest of the season.
“It’s only right to do something and it needs to be done at away games as well as at home games.”

tonea2003 said:
Maverickblue said:
tonea2003 said:
sorry cant take that serious when you call it 1st period

Sorry mate, I really tried very hard to be serious: "A standard adult football match consists of two periods of 45 minutes each, known as halves". Wikipedia

good don't let it happen again :-)

repeat until embedded
1st half, 2nd half

Hahahahahahaha. My bad, but I am working on it.

Fair enough, acknowledge the two lads at the first match of the season. After that it becomes another example of the over top displays of mawkishness that have taken hold since Princess Diana's funeral. There was a lot wrong with the old stiff upper lip attitude but overall I'd prefer reserve, understatement, and quiet dignity to the obligatory mass weep-ins that nowadays accompany every bad piece of news.

Ali Benarbia said:
Fair enough, acknowledge the two lads at the first match of the season. After that it becomes another example of the over top displays of mawkishness that have taken hold since Princess Diana's funeral. There was a lot wrong with the old stiff upper lip attitude but overall I'd prefer reserve, understatement, and quiet dignity to the obligatory mass weep-ins that nowadays accompany every bad piece of news.
you`re all heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.