Newcastle vs City pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Kompany can get some game time and stay fit. I'd be taking Otamendi out of the side rather than Mangala. Otamendi was still leaving huge gaps at the back whilst he came flying out to make crunching tackles. Mangala has been much more composed, especially with Clichy next to him. For Real my back four would be Sagna, Kompany (if fit), Mangala and Clichy. I'd play a strong team tonight and then rotate for Stoke. Tonight's a good warm up a week out from the game.

Thats how it should be done but pellegrini said they have delayed his comeback and hes 100% and can play two games in a week, therefore id say hes playing 90 mins tonight
And that's the issue with Pelli his team management from injuries, rotation, loans, transfers, youth etc coupled with his stubbornness on tactics is awful but maybe this is for another thread.

Best Case for EPL:
LCFC 1st
Spurs 2nd
City 3rd (make the finals of champions)
Arsenal 4th
LFC win Europa, which gets us 5 into the Champions.
West Ham finish 5th overall and get the Europa spot
Man U finish 6th or 7th but win the FA Cup- Auto-bid into Europa
-so 5 teams in Champions and 2 in Europa.
All of those sides (other than LCFC) should rack up some points for the EPL coeff.
-LCFC could too, but they obviously need to reinforce their squad to be competitive in multiple competitions.

United winning anything is not the best case scenario for me!

Its a bit of a dilemma with Vinnie isn't it? Mangala and Otamendi have been improving the longer they play together (which is no surprise really) so throwing Kompany into the mix now with one of them means trying to get an understanding with only 1 week til the Madrid game. If he plays tonight would he play Saturday and then again Tuesday, which would put a lot of strain on him. Then again play tonight and not Saturday or the other way around and you are back to chopping and changing CB partnerships which hasn't worked well for us. Then finally, which of the other two do you partner with him, because surely you have to try and stick with the same one. Mangala has been more solid, Otamendi is more experienced.
In conclusion, and I'll take flak for this, but I would leave him on the bench, give him some minutes IF things are fairly secure for match fitness but otherwise stick with Ota and Mangala for the remaining games

True! But because we won the League Cup, 6th place gets Europe as well now so United are guaranteed European football I feel via the league

Not bothered, the thought of them lifting the FA cup at Wembley makes me feel a little bit sick. Don't want them to ever win another cup and their fans to suffer for years to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.