Next 3 to come in

Ducado said:
I find it quite gratifying that no one has a clue who we are going to sign
except let's hope it ain't like last year where some of the signings turned out to be poor.

kun said:
thesilvalining said:
in:
willy caballero
Stephen el shaarawy

out:
pantilimon
lescott
kolarov
barry

that'd leave us with a good amount of backup for each position

gk-hart,willy
rb-zaba,maicon,micah
cb-kompany,nastasic,micah,garcia,boyata?
lb-clichy,rekik,zaba
cm-garcia,ferna,yaya,milner,rodwell
am-silva,nasri,SES suarez,marcos lopes coming through aswell
w-SES,jesus
st-sergio,SES,dzeko,guidetti

squad is definitely big enough like that and also leaves space for the younger players to come through, in particular rekik&guidetti with suarez&lopes getting a few runouts aswell.

I know boyata is not good enough to be playing for city but as 5th choice cb he could do a job in a crisis. we recalled him from loan last season for that exact reason even though he just played in the eds for the rest of the season
Would leave us rather light in defence.

wed have more than one backup for each position in defence, Garcia will surely be mainly a CB next season as he was far too slow to play in cm last season. also rodwell&yaya are very capable in CB if needed so we have more than enough.if we go out and buy too many players for each position then the young players are never going to be able to break into the first team

thesilvalining said:
kun said:
thesilvalining said:
in:
willy caballero
Stephen el shaarawy

out:
pantilimon
lescott
kolarov
barry

that'd leave us with a good amount of backup for each position

gk-hart,willy
rb-zaba,maicon,micah
cb-kompany,nastasic,micah,garcia,boyata?
lb-clichy,rekik,zaba
cm-garcia,ferna,yaya,milner,rodwell
am-silva,nasri,SES suarez,marcos lopes coming through aswell
w-SES,jesus
st-sergio,SES,dzeko,guidetti

squad is definitely big enough like that and also leaves space for the younger players to come through, in particular rekik&guidetti with suarez&lopes getting a few runouts aswell.

I know boyata is not good enough to be playing for city but as 5th choice cb he could do a job in a crisis. we recalled him from loan last season for that exact reason even though he just played in the eds for the rest of the season

wed have more than one backup for each position in defence, Garcia will surely be mainly a CB next season as he was far too slow to play in cm last season. also rodwell&yaya are very capable in CB if needed so we have more than enough.if we go out and buy too many players for each position then the young players are never going to be able to break into the first team
If we get 3/4 injuries (or more) there (like we did last season) we'd be fucked.

kun said:
thesilvalining said:
kun said:

If we get 3/4 injuries (or more) there (like we did last season) we'd be fucked.
if we get 3 or 4 injuries in any position wed be fucked, we cant buy 10 player per position just incase though can we? kompany,nastasic,micah,garcia,boyata,rodwell,yaya,rekik. 8 players all capable of playing cb . not a position we really need to worry about imo

NoahCity said:
Ducado said:

Why?

I find our current transfer dealings quite baffling, think navas might be good signing depending on what formation pellers wants to play. Selling tev is a massive mistake unless cavani or lewandoski are signed as replacements which at the mo seems very unlikely.

The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
NoahCity said:
Ducado said:

Why?

I find our current transfer dealings quite baffling, think navas might be good signing depending on what formation pellers wants to play. Selling tev is a massive mistake unless cavani or lewandoski are signed as replacements which at the mo seems very unlikely.

cost of keeping him for 1 year was £26M, do you think £26M for a squad player for 1 year makes sense?

thesilvalining said:
kun said:
thesilvalining said:
if we get 3 or 4 injuries in any position wed be fucked, we cant buy 10 player per position just incase though can we? kompany,nastasic,micah,garcia,boyata,rodwell,yaya,rekik. 8 players all capable of playing cb . not a position we really need to worry about imo
In defence in general.

We need at least 1 natural backup for each position (not using the same player twice)

At one point last season we had Vinnie, Kolo, Nasty, Kolarov, Maicon, Richards, Rodwell and Yaya out.

We still managed to field Zabaleta-Garcia-Lescott-Clichy

If you had say Zabba, Kompany and Clichy out

You would be forced to play Maicon-Richards-Nastasic-Rekik

Which is worse than that back 4 from last year.

BringBackSwales said:
The-Dogs-Pollocks said:

Why?

cost of keeping him for 1 year was £26M, do you think £26M for a squad player for 1 year makes sense?

I accept 26mil is a lot, I think we could renegotiated his deal tho, doubt juve are paying him that, plus we need to replace him with a player of similar quality who will most likely cost a lot in transfer fees and wages anyway. There don't seem to be many top strikers who are available either so we will probably end up gambling on a prospect who may or may not do the business, some people saying tev had lost half a yard and wasn't the player he once was, but I thought he was our best striker towards the end of last season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.