Next 3 to come in

Dont think we are going to get a big name. how many " nailed on " have turned us down. getting more knock backs than Quasimodo.

i Think if we were to get rid off maicon and sinclair and bring in popadopolus, oliver torres and alen halilovic in we would have a good mix off youth and expierince.

kun said:
thesilvalining said:
kun said:
If we get 3/4 injuries (or more) there (like we did last season) we'd be fucked.
if we get 3 or 4 injuries in any position wed be fucked, we cant buy 10 player per position just incase though can we? kompany,nastasic,micah,garcia,boyata,rodwell,yaya,rekik. 8 players all capable of playing cb . not a position we really need to worry about imo
In defence in general.

We need at least 1 natural backup for each position (not using the same player twice)

At one point last season we had Vinnie, Kolo, Nasty, Kolarov, Maicon, Richards, Rodwell and Yaya out.

We still managed to field Zabaleta-Garcia-Lescott-Clichy

If you had say Zabba, Kompany and Clichy out

You would be forced to play Maicon-Richards-Nastasic-Rekik

Which is worse than that back 4 from last year.

and if barca got xavi,iniesta & fabregas injured who would they play in midfield?

a world cup is coming up so nobody that is any good is going to be our 6th choice cb just incase the others get injured.

maybe we can get 1 young cb bakup if we can get rid of Garcia but really not a position I think we need to worry about. mascherano plays like de jong but he played for barca all last season as a centre back because they utilised there players in different positions to keep everyone happy

We only need to buy three players if we let a few more go. Personally, I wouldn't mind Garcia going after his poor first season. I don't see him getting into the team ahead of yaya, fernandinho, rodwell or barry. Kolarov, Lescott and Sinclair should also be allowed to leave.

The three to come in, for me, would be Sakho, Di Maria and Villa (none of whom would be extortionate like Cavani, Suarez etc but nevertheless could strengthen important areas of the team).

Sakho would provide much needed CB cover for Vinny and Nastasic (if Lescott leaves they'd be the only two quality natural CBs we have....although if Micah improves his positional sense perhaps he can play there too). He can also play on the left side so, with Kolarov going, he could come in for Clichy if he gets injured. Rekik should also be considered as a deputy to Clichy on the left.

While Navas looks to be a great signing who'll give us the width we lacked under Mancini he'll be the only out-and-out winger we have if Sinclair leaves. If we played a 4-2-3-1 system some games with Di Maria and Navas out wide and Silva in the middle there would be great wide and central service to the lone striker (Aguero maybe even Dzeko might be a better bet with the crosses). If it's true that he's available for 25m or less then that would be a great deal (I'd believe it too if Madrid are trying to raise funds for Bale....plus with Isco, Modric, Ronaldo, Ozil and Kaka all fighting for attacking midfield places I can see him being surplus to requirements).

Villa is the best value top-tier striker available. He's in the last year of his contract so if we could sign him before Tottenham we'd probably get a price in the 10m region. He's still such a good finisher and with Tevez gone I think he'd fit nicely along Aguero, Dzeko and hopefully Guidetti in the squad. Since Pellegrini is a fan of strike partnerships and regularly changes systems I think Villa could easily get a lot of minutes so I don't think the concern that he'd be considered a benchwarmer is really valid.

If we sign those three and let the others go I think we'll have more depth in the areas that need more strength all with the added bonus of spending a combined total of less than Cavani's release clause.

john blue said:
Dont think we are going to get a big name. how many " nailed on " have turned us down. getting more knock backs than Quasimodo.

^ This

Think we're on to Plan B's, which isn't a bad thing if we get players like Navas etc.

argyle said:
john blue said:

^ This

Think we're on to Plan B's, which isn't a bad thing if we get players like Navas etc.
Really,I'm not seeing this !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.