Next Captain

BlueSinceBirth said:
SharpDressedMan said:
This would be relevant if he was actually African and not Dutch

I think you need to re-read that mate, cos you've made yourself look stupid trying to make somebody else look stupid.

"How Shay is supposed to give Ade a bollocking"

"Doubt De Jong would have a better chance bollocking him from the half way line, especially when you consider hes in Africa"
Haha.

Always makes me laugh when someone (else) does that.

Seeing as Toure will be at the ACON for a while, do you think we should make Vieira captain?

He did a good job with arsenal and captained them to a few trophys so he could maybe do a job for us, plus our only real options whilst Toures away are de Jong, Barry, Given and maybe Kompany, and I think that Vieira is capable of being a better captain than all of them.

He could need time to settle in first though...

As long as he will play enough games and start enough games. It would be disruptive if he was only playing one game in three, say.

keemcfc said:
Seeing as Toure will be at the ACON for a while, do you think we should make Vieira captain?

He did a good job with arsenal and captained them to a few trophys so he could maybe do a job for us, plus our only real options whilst Toures away are de Jong, Barry, Given and maybe Kompany, and I think that Vieira is capable of being a better captain than all of them.

captain= ....NIGEL DE JONG......imo....

riley347 said:
keemcfc said:

captain= ....NIGEL DE JONG......imo....
I agree.... I'd love Big Nige to be captain but I think it'll be Vieira. Quite happy with that though, if he is!

the captain of any side needs to play nearly every game, dont think vieira has been bought to play every game, but he is a good leader and has a wealth of experiance that will only benifit the team/squad
any succesful side needs captains all ove the pitch the armband becomes a token really, an honour obviously, but we now have captains all over the squad which can be only a good thing

I think Vieira would be a sound choice for a captain , if he did play everygame, his wealth of experience and knowledge of the game is second to none.

However, Nigel De Jong has had a blinder this season and deserves it as much as anyone. I was thinking last year what a waste of £17 million, but this season he deserves it.

I just wish we could repay him with a chant to show our love towards him.

City Till I Die

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.