Next Captain

bluenova said:
kenzie115 said:
It's even stranger to me that Given was picked because it seems his communication is one of his worst attributes as a keeper.

I might be imagining this but has he started talking a lot more on the pitch?

Someone like De Jong is likely to organise and shout whatever, so maybe making a senior player that needs to communicate more into captain is a clever idea.

You've also got to agree that he comes across as a very well spoken, clean cut ambassador for the club.

I know they try that in kid's football, give the quiet lad who doesn't talk much the armband and see if it helps him become more vocal, but this is a bit more important and I think we need real leaders.

Although, if Mancini's idea is that Kompany, for example, will be captain of the defence, De Jong captain of the midfield and Tevez captain of the attack and we have Given as club captain, i.e. the spokesperson then it's a good idea because as you say he is a model professional who knows what to say.

Can't see a thread but merge if needed.

Why has Shay been captain for the last fem games? Surely an outfield player, De Jong? should've taken the mantle.
I realise it's Mancini's decision but I can't get to grips with goalkeepers being skipper.

Look at last night, Giggs was constantly in the ear of the referee as he could get about and have a word in his ear so to speak.

We needed someone in the middle of the park commanding the players and not from our 18 yard area.

Dont Know about captian we need a new keeper cant even comand his six yard box never mind penalty box
thats three headed goals in the six yard box at OT this season

I agree.... shay doesnt even do enough talking to the back 4 never mind the rest of the team

Oh for God's sake. And I get grief for not apparently not being a fuckin City fan.

Sure lets get rid of the manager as well while were at it. Can't believe people are actaully having a go at Given. What would you of liked him to do. Clearly you've never once played in goals before. I mean, for the first goal yesterday, he did well and forced Giggs? out wide, unfortunately the ball still managed to come back in and they scored from it, nothing he could have done.
The second goal, for him to have come out and smother it, which people seem to think he should have done, he would have needed to run threw a couple of City defenders and a few United ones for that, and the 3rd goal, again there were City defenders and United players in front of him, and the flight of the ball went litterally all the way over to Rooney, bended it a little bit, it wasn't a diving header the ball was almost behind Rooney there wasn't a chance in hell that if Given went for that ball that he would have made it.
Every player who talks about Given talks about the confidence he brings and how well he comands the box around him,
“He’s always shouting, encouraging and organising - and when he says something, I listen! As a defender, it gives you great confidence to relax and play your normal game.”..That's from Boyata from a few weeks ago like and the same thing all time time.
And any report I read last night said the same.
Given-A real calming influence at the back..etc.
But hey, what would they know about it. I'm sure a few City fans are much more knowledgeable, I suppose some would do whatever it takes to have a scapegoat. For some unknown reason Given is the one for the derby, now apparently he's not good enough at all.

And did no one see Given out talking to the ref last night a lot of times, and at one point he was the only City player the ref would talk to.

And they call me a fuckin rag, and then go and criticise a player who was one of the only reasons we were in the tie in the first place.

Seems that nobody does enough talking on the pitch and Given might be the most vociferous of those, but I agree that you need somebody travelling the pitch, at the ref's elbow. A midfield dynamo should be captain. Look at the best captains we've had over the years - midfielders, defensive or attacking, but midfielders.

IrishMacca said:
Oh for God's sake. And I get grief for not apparently not being a fuckin City fan.

Sure lets get rid of the manager as well while were at it. Can't believe people are actaully having a go at Given. What would you of liked him to do. Clearly you've never once played in goals before. I mean, for the first goal yesterday, he did well and forced Giggs? out wide, unfortunately the ball still managed to come back in and they scored from it, nothing he could have done.
The second goal, for him to have come out and smother it, which people seem to think he should have done, he would have needed to run threw a couple of City defenders and a few United ones for that, and the 3rd goal, again there were City defenders and United players in front of him, and the flight of the ball went litterally all the way over to Rooney, bended it a little bit, it wasn't a diving header the ball was almost behind Rooney there wasn't a chance in hell that if Given went for that ball that he would have made it.
Every player who talks about Given talks about the confidence he brings and how well he comands the box around him,
“He’s always shouting, encouraging and organising - and when he says something, I listen! As a defender, it gives you great confidence to relax and play your normal game.”..That's from Boyata from a few weeks ago like and the same thing all time time.
And any report I read last night said the same.
Given-A real calming influence at the back..etc.
But hey, what would they know about it. I'm sure a few City fans are much more knowledgeable, I suppose some would do whatever it takes to have a scapegoat. For some unknown reason Given is the one for the derby, now apparently he's not good enough at all.

And did no one see Given out talking to the ref last night a lot of times, and at one point he was the only City player the ref would talk to.

And they call me a fuckin rag, and then go and criticise a player who was one of the only reasons we were in the tie in the first place.

Thanks... still dont think youre a city fan though... ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.