Next Captain

I don't know about anyone else, but I'mn not a fan of a goal keeper being captain.

It should be an outfield player

i've never seen the point of having a keeper as captain no matter how good he is. he just can't get involved in the thick of it outside his area. the ideal position for a captain is a box to box midfielder imho.

De Jong would have been my first choice, he's got the perfect attitude as far as I'm concerned.

However, if Vieira's going to play every week he seems like a decent pick too.

I agree that Keeper's shouldn't be captain. It's even stranger to me that Given was picked because it seems his communication is one of his worst attributes as a keeper.

I think they should nominate someone from every position to captain the players around him. I.e, a centre-back captaining the other defenders, a midfielder captaining the other midfielders.

kenzie115 said:
It's even stranger to me that Given was picked because it seems his communication is one of his worst attributes as a keeper.

I might be imagining this but has he started talking a lot more on the pitch?

Someone like De Jong is likely to organise and shout whatever, so maybe making a senior player that needs to communicate more into captain is a clever idea.

You've also got to agree that he comes across as a very well spoken, clean cut ambassador for the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.