Next Captain

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Seems that nobody does enough talking on the pitch and Given might be the most vociferous of those, but I agree that you need somebody travelling the pitch, at the ref's elbow. A midfield dynamo should be captain. Look at the best captains we've had over the years - midfielders, defensive or attacking, but midfielders.

If Given is the most vociferous on the pitch then thats a worry. I like Given personally I think he is outstanding so I wasn't getting at him.
Personally a commanding centre back or midfielder you think would be ideal.

Oh Macca I understand your frustrations it wasn't meant to slag him off

I personally feel that we should have a team of captains, works alot in the rugby sport these days. I would choose five to be leaders on the field... Given, Toure, Vieira, Barry and De Jong.

Bollox to having just Toure as a captain, not working. Give the others some responsibility and maybe they will work harder

We need a captain who we be picking the players up. screaming at em when they've fucked up or for people like Petrov telling them to fucking play on until there taken off instead of stood on the side like a ****.

Toure isn't the answer.. We don't have 1 leader

This isn't an anti Toure thread, but I know im not the only one who feels he shouldn't be captain, if you could pick our captain who would it be and why?
For me I'd go with Kompany, he is a calming influence on the side, a player I feel everyone respects, but isn't scared to dish out a bollocking when needed!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.