Next Captain

Giving the Captains armband to the goalie smacks of desperation. It's worrying that no natural leader has emerged from the rest of the team. When Gareth Barry joined I thought he was nailed on to be a regular future City captain but for some reason his spark seems to have gone and he now seems to play 2nd fiddle to De Jong. We need to find our own John Terry and at the moment there dosen't seem to be anybody like him at our club.

mr t said:
Giving the Captains armband to the goalie smacks of desperation. It's worrying that no natural leader has emerged from the rest of the team. When Gareth Barry joined I thought he was nailed on to be a regular future City captain but for some reason his spark seems to have gone and he now seems to play 2nd fiddle to De Jong. We need to find our own John Terry and at the moment there dosen't seem to be anybody like him at our club.

He's no JT, but kompany is the nearest thing we have to him.

Mr Rich said:
Problem with Kompany is that quite a lot of players don't like him. And he is still only young, so many don't look up to him as much as say Given.
LOL HAHA oh how you know that? LOL bullshittttt

Kompany isn't respected enough to be captain.

Why is it that every time a player has a good run of form, we automatically want to make them captain? First it was Bellamy, then De Jong, and now Kompany.

I agree that Toure isn't a captain (despite my weird manlove for him as a player, he is a bad choice) and was probably the best of a strange bunch. Barry has done the job before and would be okay, he might even pick his form up.

To me though, my preferred (heart, not head) choice is Ireland. He's blue through and through, has a phenomenal work ethic, has been at the club the longest, plays most games, and his form has a great impact on our team. He also isn't shy about his opinion, puts club before country and knows the tactical side of the game.

The day Stevie lifts the Champions League as captain, I might just die a fully contented and happy person.

Kompany should be captain. Surprised Hughes gave it to Toure since Vinnie was vice-captain behind Dunne last year.

I could see Richards being captain in a couple years which would be great.

having a keeper as captain has never made any sense to me. in what way can he captain the side during play? nothing against given but kompany would be my choice. cool head, intelligent, leads by example and always in the thick of things.

Damocles said:
Kompany isn't respected enough to be captain.

Why is it that every time a player has a good run of form, we automatically want to make them captain? First it was Bellamy, then De Jong, and now Kompany.

I agree that Toure isn't a captain (despite my weird manlove for him as a player, he is a bad choice) and was probably the best of a strange bunch. Barry has done the job before and would be okay, he might even pick his form up.

To me though, my preferred (heart, not head) choice is Ireland. He's blue through and through, has a phenomenal work ethic, has been at the club the longest, plays most games, and his form has a great impact on our team. He also isn't shy about his opinion, puts club before country and knows the tactical side of the game.

The day Stevie lifts the Champions League as captain, I might just die a fully contented and happy person.

your posts are generally the ones with which i find intellect and dry humor in abundance........... this effort is without doubt the most amount of drivel i've seen come from your sword. Ireland as captain? Lifting a champions league? Not a chance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.