Next Captain

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Damocles said:
Kompany isn't respected enough to be captain.

Why is it that every time a player has a good run of form, we automatically want to make them captain? First it was Bellamy, then De Jong, and now Kompany.

I agree that Toure isn't a captain (despite my weird manlove for him as a player, he is a bad choice) and was probably the best of a strange bunch. Barry has done the job before and would be okay, he might even pick his form up.

To me though, my preferred (heart, not head) choice is Ireland. He's blue through and through, has a phenomenal work ethic, has been at the club the longest, plays most games, and his form has a great impact on our team. He also isn't shy about his opinion, puts club before country and knows the tactical side of the game.

The day Stevie lifts the Champions League as captain, I might just die a fully contented and happy person.

your posts are generally the ones with which i find intellect and dry humor in abundance........... this effort is without doubt the most amount of drivel i've seen come from your sword. Ireland as captain? Lifting a champions league? Not a chance

To be fair, I was totally sozzled at this point last night and did mention that my opinion came from my heart more than from my head. Whisky, and sensible opinions don't usually go hand in hand.

I'm not sure any of the outfield players have cemented themselves enough to be the captain for this club just yet.

I remember Schiemcel being captain for United (turn to floor and spit) and doing a good job of it. I think with the current flux this will let the outfield players concentrate on playing with one another. Let's see who comes to the forefront. You can have a leader designate in defence and midfield if required. Who don;t really need the captain's armband to go chasing the ref and half the time it will only p*ss 'em off.

Mr Rich said:
Problem with Kompany is that quite a lot of players don't like him. And he is still only young, so many don't look up to him as much as say Given.

ohnoes08.jpg

Can we make it happen?

Its only a matter of time, surely.
Best holding midfielder in the world.... and the hardest.

Set up the exact same campaign last week but not much interest as too many people putting up needless threads every min like whats your fav color etc. and pushs it down the list.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=165372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=165372</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.