Next Captain

citykev28 said:
blue_soundwave said:
Very impressive defensive showing, Lescott and Kompany should definitely be the first choice pairing. I'd rather have Micah at right back but Zab had such a good game today he deserves to keep his place.

Hopefully we can avoid injuries and keep the same back four for more than one game, it's not helping that we have to change it round constantly.

i understand about zab having a good game but so did ibrahim while he was on and i wouldn't start him at stoke. just think richards has been getting back to his best lately.

Are you taking the piss? ibrahim looked totally lost till last 5 mins. I thought Pablo had his best game at right back ever for city today, but generally I think he's a liability, gives daft free kicks away,etc. But credit where its due he top notch today.

Kompany for captain for me , we only keep clean sheets when he plays !

Thought our back 4 was solid today, zabby MOM for me. Sorry for those that think that ibrahim is the answer for our midfield issues but the poor lad was so far out of his depth when he came on he didnt have a clue who he was marking and im not against the poor lad as i think he has great potential i just think it was a bad decision by our manager again, personally think he should have brought micah on and put Zab into midfield.

salfordpaul said:
are Belgium in the world cup?? If so I think Kompany won't be happy playing in defence ( he is doing a stirling job)

This could affect his chances ..maybe??

Kompany plays CB primarily for Belgium, I'm sure their manager is delighted.

I quite like the idea of the roaming camera man picking the skipper out of the crowd pre-match.

This wouldn't make us any worse off and would add to the entertainment and crowd interaction.

It certainly won't be any worse than today's captain who was removed from the action for most of the game (not his fault, just the way the game was) and spent the half-time team talk out on the pitch doing catching practice.

So whilst most other clubs have a skipper pointing at the arm band throughout the course of the game and demanding an explanation for the latest refereeing injustice, we appoint our goalie.

Daft.

Some previous discussion on the topic...

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=164240" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=164240</a>

Vincent Kompany as captain for me and the back four like today, or with Richards alternating with Zab...

Toure's been poor and hats off to Mancio for dropping his captain. Now let this partnership have some time... I fancy us to finish above Liverpool after today but will that be good enough...? I dunno.

We need Tevez.

De Jong or Kompany should be the captain, #1 and #2 either way. I prefer my captains to be CB's, and I really couldn't tear these two apart in terms of leadership and likeability/respect. I'd say Komps as #1 just because he's a CB, DJ vice.

I really think we are missing a trick appointing Given as Captain when Toure is not playing. Other Captains are constantly chipping away at refs pointing out other players fouls etc, we appoint a goalie who is 50 yards away from the action. Barry or DeJong should be Captain imho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.