Next Captain

samy said:
Only one person who should be captaon Nidgel De Jong gives his all every game

we need a captain who can motivate players when they arent playing well enough by leading with example. and changing the game himself when needed. im not sure we have one in the club.

I don't want to undermine our current captain, but from the majority of the posts on here (And my own opinion), Kolo will not in the first choice back 4.

This means he can't really be the captain, so who will take on the mantel of captain?

I'd say Kompany (As i did at the beginning of this season). He has been with us for 2 season, so is not a new comer. He has, for me, been one of our top performers, and i haven't seen him have a really bad game, showing his consistency.

He also seems to be a great professional, and haven't heard of him talking in the press.

I love Kompany, and hope he stays with us for the rest of his career. To have him captain for a long time would be the right choice.

Vice would be Barry, as he is always in the team, and is a consummate pro.

Vincent Kompany and Nigel de Jong are currently my two fave players. Both are natural leaders though I favour Nigel as mentioned on the Van der Wiel thread. VK has had to spend time covering Kolo Toure and the LB's arse. Therefore and on his consistancy, NDJ gets my vote all day long.

Definitely Vinnie.

He's the one. This lad is awesome. Worth his wieght in gold!

Barry vice or even Shay.

-- Wed May 26, 2010 12:01 pm --

Greenjob said:
Vincent Kompany and Nigel de Jong are currently my two fave players. Both are natural leaders though I favour Nigel as mentioned on the Van der Wiel thread. VK has had to spend time covering Kolo Toure and the LB's arse. Therefore and on his consistancy, NDJ gets my vote all day long.

Shit - forgot about our bulldog in midfield. NDJ is a quality choice as well.

NDJ or Vinnie but definitely captain and vice between the two of them.

At least I am nice and decisive!

Vinnie is a bit quiet at times!
Dejong for me may not be a regular starter next season
So i would go for Adebayor, lol

Have to be vinnie really as cant think of anyone else except Barry

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Vinnie is a bit quiet at times!
Dejong for me may not be a regular starter next season
So i would go for Adebayor, lol

Have to be vinnie really as cant think of anyone else except Barry

I know what you mean - if we bring in a midfielder, Bobby will certainly want to play him so that must be at the sacrifice of Barry or NDJ. We've already seen NDJ sit out a couple this year so you could be right and he will be more of a squad player and feature more prominantly away from home in those harder games when we need a strong 5 manner across the centre of the park.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.