Next Captain

coulsonblue said:
Zabaleta isn't first choice right-back so cannot be captain.

The hardest position to get a first team start. Look at the 3 right backs most teams would have any of the 3 lads we have playing first team football in the league in Richards , Maicon and Zaba there is just too much competition for places in that position which is great to see.

coulsonblue said:

Its not 2011 anymore... Zabbs is first choice every day of the week... However, would send out a bad signal to switch captains, so it wont happen. But if Vinny is injured or for some reason leaves, Zabbs is the stand out candidate...

zabba can play at left back as well I know he's best at rb but comp for clichy ? impossible to take Vinnie s armband of him

Not much point to changing captains year in year out although I am much more focused on leaders on and off the pitch than captains.

If Vinny doesn't have the respect of the majority of the group in that capacity then by all means change.

The only thing that concerns me about Vinny is how some refs react to his challenges and his calf muscles.

It may be the case we need a fill in captain for a serious portion of the season in anycase.

Bluearmy said:
coulsonblue said:

Its not 2011 anymore... Zabbs is first choice every day of the week... However, would send out a bad signal to switch captains, so it wont happen. But if Vinny is injured or for some reason leaves, Zabbs is the stand out candidate...

no he's not. he got in by default this season

I can't believe this is even worthy of discussion.

vinnie is our captain. He leads with the respect of the other players, with calm, with grace, with diplomacy, with eloquence, with leadership skills. He is unequalled and probably the best captain City have had for many years, if not all time. You will be hard pushed to name a team captain better skilled than Vinnie in any team team around the globe. We are honoured to call him ours.

Pab has blue blood in his veins. He has fought for us, bled for us and been a stalwart in defence feared by many. He's a great workhorse, dedicated and committed to City. But it doesn't make him a better captain than Vinnie.

Now put your beers down and go to bed. Tomorrow you will see the error of your ways.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.