Next Captain

Bluearmy said:
coulsonblue said:
Bluearmy said:
Its not 2011 anymore... Zabbs is first choice every day of the week... However, would send out a bad signal to switch captains, so it wont happen. But if Vinny is injured or for some reason leaves, Zabbs is the stand out candidate...

no he's not. he got in by default this season

He's probably started 90% of games in the last 18 months... Id say thats pretty much first choice...

No he's not.

He got in by default for the last 6 games of last season because Micah was injured and Mancini stuck with the same team 6 games in a row (apart from when Yaya was injured).

Micah then got injured for all this season, which is why Zabaleta played (and Maicon, if he was ever in contention was injured too).

Zabaleta is frankly awful in terms of our attacking phase of play.

Richards is far better in that area, and this notion that Zab is a better defender than Micah is utter nonsense. Zabaleta is routinely found out in the Champions League, steaming into tackles trying to nick the ball rather than stand off (leaving gapping holes in behind).

Re: trying to nick the ball, Kompany does it too:

15 seconds in at : <a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highlights/2011/September/City-v-Napoli" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highligh ... y-v-Napoli</a>

Both of them get exposed here:

pretty much all the way through but from 8 secs: <a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highlights/2012/October/City-v-Borussia-Dortmund-60-secs-highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highligh ... highlights</a>

Still can't believe we didn't win that match against Napoli.
So many chances to score.

That Dortmund game as well, I know they had a superb game but we had plenty of chances to score ourselves. Incredibly frustrating.

Absolutley not. Zabaleta is not respected enough like Yaya Youre and Kompany. Plus he's second choice RB .. he only played this season because Richards was injured.

As a player, he's okay going forward but his defence is not that good actually. He really struggles sometimes, that's when he turns nasty and argues with the referee .. he even argued with the referee several times in the st louis game..i mean it was a friendly game for goodness sake. if you all remember, he got a red card in the fa cup final...this hindered us from winning that game. He needs to be sold not given the captaincy.

i'm sorry to upset zabaleta fans, but sometimes the truth has to be told even if hurts some people.

badman said:
Absolutley not. Zabaleta is not a friendly person . he's not friends with everyone in the team.

As a player, he's okay going forward but his defence is not that good actually. He really struggles sometimes, that's when he turns nasty and argues with the referee .. even arguing with the referee in the st louis game. if you all remember, he got a red card in the final. He needs to be sold not given the captaincy.

I'm gonna repeat myself.

You've got to be kidding me.

Shit thread all around.

Stares at above post open mouthed, head hits desk. I agree though I wouldn't give him the Captaincy keep it with Komps.

badman said:
Absolutley not. Zabaleta is not a friendly person . he's not friends with everyone in the team.

As a player, he's okay going forward but his defence is not that good actually. He really struggles sometimes, that's when he turns nasty and argues with the referee .. even arguing with the referee in the st louis game. if you all remember, he got a red card in the final. He needs to be sold not given the captaincy.

Eh?

badman said:
Absolutley not. Zabaleta is not a friendly person . he's not friends with everyone in the team. he's not respected enough like Yaya Youre and Kompany. Plus he's second choice RB .. he only played this season because Richards was injured.

As a player, he's okay going forward but his defence is not that good actually. He really struggles sometimes, that's when he turns nasty and argues with the referee .. he even argued with the referee several times in the st louis game..i mean it was a friendly game for goodness sake. if you all remember, he got a red card in the fa cup final...this hindered us from winning that game. He needs to be sold not given the captaincy.

i'm sorry to upset zabaleta fans, but sometimes the truth has to be told even if hurts some people.

I
I
¿ <;))))><

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.