Next Captain

Said it in his thread - Fernandinho. He's already doing the job of 2, might as well pile on the poor **** and give him the captaincy too.

In seriousness, one of the very few who leads by example and although it took him a while to get going this season, he hasn't let his performance levels drop for a long time. Best player in the team at the moment.

The only way Kompany will not be captain is if he leaves (who is a better option at the club anyway?).

Vice captain will change when Toure probably leaves in the summer.

I've never liked Zab as captain, it's always caused his performance to dip IMO. A big heart doesn't necessarily mean a big personality in the dressing room.

Demichelis an option for vice (although I'm not sure how good his English is, or how much it matters. He seems a good organiser and controller at the back).

Fernandinho looks a very quiet, introverted person on the pitch to me so he's a no no, although I can see why he's mentioned, the way he puts everything in and just goes about his business is very admirable.

Hart the only other option I see at the club. Maybe this is part of the problem, a lack of leaders who are willing to stand up and be counted?

I don't think Yaya should be vice captain at all.

Kompany should remain captain, he's just lost confidence and we should be backing him. It's not a Yaya situation where he's not trying, Kompany is just going through a bad spell and the fans should be backing him.

Hart for vice captain.

I’ve said this on another thread – we are seriously lacking in leadership. Kompany hasn’t led by example and he is also very temperamental. I don’t think he’s a particularly good captain in any case. I know all players make mistakes and get caught up in things but with Kompany’s decline has come a hot headedness that’s seen him dive in unnecessarily.

For me Demichelis should be captain because he tends to lead by example. Zabba is too passionate and that can cloud good judgement. There’s no one in midfield worthy of it. We need to sign some sort of midfield leader who can get the team performing the way it should from the first minute of the season to the last.

Problem is we have close to zero actual captain material since Paddy V. left four seasons ago .
Would you have given the armband to the likes of Adam Johnson or Robinho ?
Hell no.
Well, giving it to Kompany isn't neither a better choice.
Each time we concede a goal you can witness him bowing his head down, never do you see him haranguing and rallying his squad to motivate a come back, never.
Sure, before the games he is a great ambassador, with great talking skills.
But in the pitch he is nowhere near the level of stimulation and charisma a Paddy-V would inspirit to his team-mates.

I think that it is an important parameter to consider within our future signings.
When the going gets tough, you either need a manager with a heavy hand on the squad or at least a captain with big charisma on the pitch.
Since Mancini left, we have none of these.

Nah

Unless Kompany is sold or dropped from first team, it is never a good idea to change the caption even a new manager comes. It will harm the team harmony.

Also beside Demichelis, I don't think anyone has a shout on leadership in the current squad unfortuantely :(

Fernandinho for me....may even help Vinny not to have this added responsibility. A captain has to lead from example and only Fernandinho has been doing this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.