Next Captain

Captains of their national teams

Kompany
Dzeko (probably only because he's their best player, like Ronaldo for Portugal who is the opposite of what a captain should be)
Yaya- I imagine he's very respected amougst his international colleagues and that's why he is captain, Drogba retiring helps too.

None of our other players are even close to captaining their country? Not really teaming with leaders in our squad, Vinny is far and away the best option

i'd make Hart vice-captain if Kompany and Zabaleta isnt playing. Yaya doesnt deserve it, he couldn't inspire a ball boy to run for a ball, let alone a team of highly paid and seemingly skilful international footballers.

chestervegasblue said:
Why it bonkers? I agree that leadership is the biggest quality that you look for in a captain, but that includes leading in terms of performances. For whatever reason, Vincent's performances have not been up to scratch this season, by his own high standards.

As for Hart, I think he should be England captain, as do many on here. It's not outrageous then to suggest that he should be in the running for the City armband, nor that Kompany is untouchable.

So every time a captain of a team goes through a bad spell take the armband of them? Really? You must be taking the piss?

waspish said:
chestervegasblue said:
Why it bonkers? I agree that leadership is the biggest quality that you look for in a captain, but that includes leading in terms of performances. For whatever reason, Vincent's performances have not been up to scratch this season, by his own high standards.

As for Hart, I think he should be England captain, as do many on here. It's not outrageous then to suggest that he should be in the running for the City armband, nor that Kompany is untouchable.

So every time a captain of a team goes through a bad spell take the armband of them? Really? You must be taking the piss?

Don't forget that he also needs to sit in the naughty chair in the corner of the dressing room as well ;-)

No hiding Joe would be good as vice captain, Kompany is having a poor spell at the moment no hiding tbat but so are the rest of them (though i thought we did pretty ok considering at barca), just leave it how it is for the sake of like 9 games ffs

With Kompany completely out of sorts, and Yaya being effectively useless for a number of months now, is it time we rethink our captaincy situation?

It was strange on Sunday. Kompany - who is a club legend and otherwise a natural leader - captained the side still despite being very poor for some time. During the first half, Fernandinho ran his socks off and Yaya Toure done his usual wandering about not actually doing very much. The reward? Kompany went off at half time and Toure was given the armband.

Is it time we changed the automatic captain and/or the vice captain? Fernandinho must have felt fucking sick doing Toure's work for him only for him to be given the captain as he's the vice.

First of all would stripping kompany of the captaincy help him by relieving some pressure on him or is it likely to hinder him by knocking his confidence further?

Secondly, can anyone put up any decent argument at all as to why Yaya Toure deserves the role as vice captain at the moment?

For me, over the course of the season - and in particular since the turn of the year - there's only been two players who have consistently led by example. Fernandinho and Hart.

Time for a change? In my opinion Fernandinho deserves to be awarded for his efforts, in the meantime in the role as captain until Kompany sorts himself out. Hart given the vice captaincy because Toure frankly isn't earning his keep. It's setting a bad example having a player rewarded for doing fuck all by giving him the honour and privilege (and remember it is a privilege) to be vice captain of the club.

Thoughts?

Yaya Toure is an awful vice captain, Kolarov is an even poorer choice as our 3rd captain.

IMO it should be:
Captain - Kompany
Vice - Zabaleta
3rd - Hart

Should be taken into consideration as this has been another poor attempt in defending our title, but it is dependant on who is in charge next season. Looking at our current side there is a lack of candidates to replace Kompany.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.