Next Captain

Eccles Blue said:
Don't even think of taking the Captaincy away from VInnie, he is OUR CAPTAIN and deserves to remain so. OP get over yourself.

Vincent Kompany is our Captain and Zaba should be our Vice Captain with Joe Hart third.
Quite agree, EB. No stand out leaders other than those three and possibly Martin Dem.

After everything he's done for us the past few years he now has a bad 6 months and people start saying we need a new captain.

Some proper melts on here

Joe Hart for me, his performance and attitude the other night, if managed and brought out properly by the manager could inspire our side for years to come.

For me Vinnie is out of nick, he also seems to be overcome by the amount on his plate and I think is struggling to balance being captain and the leader and leading his defence, thus for the past year or so he's made more mistakes, the pressure has ramped up and I think he needs to be allowed to go back and focus on just defending.

Captains can change in sides over time without needing the previous captain to leave, sometimes it just needs a different approach and a different lead voice and to take the strain off the current incumbent, it also shares the responsibility in the dressing room and allows more players to feel like a leader and like they're a crucial part.

I think, even if we bring in a born leader, it's better to keep an incumbent whose ingrained in the club, as captain, and I think it should be Joe.

Change our captain because he's had one bad season? Captaincy shouldn't be about form alone, it should be about attitude and influence on the squad. There is definitely no one better to lead the squad. I don't recall anyone saying we should change captain last season?

We do need a new captain but we have nobody in the squad currently more suitable than Kompany. So he may as well keep it until the time if or when somebody who is better comes along.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Joe Hart for me, his performance and attitude the other night, if managed and brought out properly by the manager could inspire our side for years to come.

For me Vinnie is out of nick, he also seems to be overcome by the amount on his plate and I think is struggling to balance being captain and the leader and leading his defence, thus for the past year or so he's made more mistakes, the pressure has ramped up and I think he needs to be allowed to go back and focus on just defending.

Captains can change in sides over time without needing the previous captain to leave, sometimes it just needs a different approach and a different lead voice and to take the strain off the current incumbent, it also shares the responsibility in the dressing room and allows more players to feel like a leader and like they're a crucial part.

I think, even if we bring in a born leader, it's better to keep an incumbent whose ingrained in the club, as captain, and I think it should be Joe.

Hart's game will suffer if he was to be given the armband permanently. He has only recently recovered his form and the last time he was made skipper we surrendered a two goal lead against Burnley.

Vinny stays as captain .
No need for change .
I reckon Vincent Kompany the best captain at City since Paul Power .

Davs 19 said:
Robbo. said:
Joe Hart? I can't believe this thread. The fact we didn't lose by more last night was down to poor finishing from Barca than JH's saves. He was lucky last night, that is all.

You're miles better than that Robbo.....Captain ? Maybe not

Lucky last night ?......possibly one of the most idiotic posts I've read on here

yeah I agree maybe I was a bit silly with that post, but it amazes me about JH as captain.

Robbo. said:
Davs 19 said:
Robbo. said:
Joe Hart? I can't believe this thread. The fact we didn't lose by more last night was down to poor finishing from Barca than JH's saves. He was lucky last night, that is all.

You're miles better than that Robbo.....Captain ? Maybe not

Lucky last night ?......possibly one of the most idiotic posts I've read on here

yeah I agree maybe I was a bit silly with that post, but it amazes me about JH as captain.
Me too and I'm a "fanboy"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.