Next Captain

supercity88 said:
I’ve said this on another thread – we are seriously lacking in leadership. Kompany hasn’t led by example and he is also very temperamental. I don’t think he’s a particularly good captain in any case. I know all players make mistakes and get caught up in things but with Kompany’s decline has come a hot headedness that’s seen him dive in unnecessarily.

For me Demichelis should be captain because he tends to lead by example. Zabba is too passionate and that can cloud good judgement. There’s no one in midfield worthy of it. We need to sign some sort of midfield leader who can get the team performing the way it should from the first minute of the season to the last.
I disagree with your first paragraph. He's had a poor season but he's still the very best option we have as captain. He's been captain material throughout his career for club and country because he leads by example on and off the pitch.
You'll also find his hot headedness and diving in are a direct result of the awful defensive tactics of playing a high line we've been lumbered with. Add in the injuries and an unsettled partnership, along with a non existent defensive midfield shield and you're closer to home as to why he's been poor.

Joe always seems to conduct himself well in front of the press, and is always full of the fight attitude.
So for me Joe as vice, he WILL be our captain one day

Honestly think Hart would be our best captain, the passion he shows when were losing and his ability to turn words in action, unlike most of them who talk the talk but when it comes down to the game dont apply why theyve said to their game, notably Kompany, Nasri and Yaya

Zab or Fernandinho as Vice. Zab for obvious reasons, despite his recent drop in form and Fern purely for the energy her exerts.

Shut Vinny down for the season. Get him right physically and mentally for next season. He is the right man for us.

Kompany is shot mentally - I know the business course he's doing, and although admirable, as captain and with his responsibilities he should not have done it or been allowed to.
Plenty of time for that later.

Changing who tosses the coin will turn us into champions again lol!

Vinny is a born leader and will return to his best next season. He would never recover from taking time off to do his business studies course!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.