Next Captain

svennis pennis said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
A bolton fan at my work mentioned yesterday how Barry keeps popping up in interviews. I hadn't noticed it so much but yea, it seems that he might be ready to take over as captain, which would be a great move

The reason I notice it, is because he doesn't come across the most confident in interviews and yet he is constantly pushed to the front. Has Dunne even got one video interview on the site? I imagine Dunne will remain captain until a new CB is brought in and then Barry will be handed the armband.

Wasn't Dunne exactly the same way in interviews?

lovecityhateunited said:
and so said all of us, great captain, great ambassador for the club, great own goals, great width, we love dunne as he has put in 110% for this club and deserves to keep both his place and his armband
Agree entirely I can't believe some of the shit Dunne gets on here.I hope he has a great season why not!

First off, on paper Dunne is still the City captain.

But for all the years he has been captain, it now appears that his playing time will be limited as we have bought Kolo and are now preparing a 3rd bid for Lescott. Those are facts and if we do land Lescott we will then have our 2 center halves as I don't think anyone here can see us pursuing and paying 15£ and £20m for 2 defenders of which 1 will sit on the bench (for captain Dunne to play).

This then points to a new captain, since on the field of play there must be a team captain.

MCFC has still not released any information in this issue, even though the overhaul of the defense has been well documented by Hughes himself, the official website, and national media.

Inevitably, we may well end up with Kolo and Joleon at center back and no room for Dunne, which means he can't be captain anymore, since the field of play needs a captain.

That being said, how come this hasn't been resolved? The league starts on Saturday.

Probs Barry, would love it to be Ned but he's too young... also doesn't look too vocal.
Kompany would be good but probs wont be playin every game.
hmmmmmmmmmmm

Captain%20Answer%20LOGO.jpg

Dunne is the captain, Barry when hes not on the pitch

Given probably! He always seems to be quite vocal. Maybe Robinho but it seems slim. Good chance Ireland becomes captain because he did wear the armband a few times preseason already. That is if Dunne doesn't play of course.

I prefer a captain to be vocal and encouraging (especially when we go behind in a game). Dunney is woeful in that respect and his body language is appalling when we concede. Don't know enough about Barry and Kompany may not play enough. Given gets my vote but we still need a leader on the pitch. Bring back Andy Morrison!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.