Next Captain

DruryBlue said:
Not sure that having a keeper as Captain works - they should be organising anyway and generally don't get the same perspective of the pitch that other players do.

he's only player with a nailed on place in team though.

blue dallas said:
DruryBlue said:
Not sure that having a keeper as Captain works - they should be organising anyway and generally don't get the same perspective of the pitch that other players do.

he's only player with a nailed on place in team though.

I think VC would be what we should give the lad. Shay always leads very well, he's an excellent captain imo and has without question lead Newcaslte through the years (with and without the armband) he was the biggest leader on the pitch. He was also the stand in captain nearly every time there was a doubt over who would get it or when there was no manager in place. Most felt that he should have been given the Newcaslte captaincy over Owen, which he should have been. It was the least, they felt that he deserved over having to put up with their shite every season..he really was a class above them. Looking at him now God knows what it would have been like if he had left years ago and joined another team. Wasted years imo.
Anway, Given also captained Ireland many times and like Newcaslte he did a brilliant job, and I think with both sides has captained really well and has an excellent record.
That said..I just think he's enough to do as keeper without having to worry about what's going on up the field, and he certainly doesn't need an armband to roar at his players from the goals.

I think the captaincy should go to someone up the pitch, purely only because he's in goals, who that is I don't know. But I don't think it should go to Barry.

IMO you have to earn the captaincy, and Barry hasn't been here long enough to gain the captains band.

Hang on..if he replaces Dunne, wouldn't it mean that the VC should get the armband.

Id go for Toure or Given- I dont buy into this "make an english player captain" theory that a lot of managers stick by - the captain should be experienced, consistently be one of the best performers week in and week out, well respected by the other players and ideally a proven winner.

If any one is thinking you cant make a keeper captain! - Dino Zoff? Schmeichel?

AdeDunny said:
Id go for Toure or Given- I dont buy into this "make an english player captain" theory that a lot of managers stick by - the captain should be experienced, consistently be one of the best performers week in and week out, well respected by the other players and ideally a proven winner.

If any one is thinking you cant make a keeper captain! - Dino Zoff? Schmeichel?
Given??not a chance
BARRY !!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.