Next Captain

Lots of good options, Hughes did say he wanted captains all over the pitch and I think they've done their homework on the character of the players we've signed (well, most of, maybe one or two with questionable temperment). Dunne will remain club captain assuming he stays but someone else will get the job on pitch if he's not a regular.

The Sun: Kolo Toure to be named City Captain! Barry Vice-Cap

Kolo skips in at City

LINK: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...o-skips-in-at-City.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

KOLO TOURE is set to be named the new captain of Manchester City.

Current skipper Richard Dunne is on his way out of the club following the arrival of Everton defender Joleon Lescott.

Boss Mark Hughes is set to hand the armband to the former Arsenal centre-back, who moved to Eastlands for £14million last month.

Gareth Barry will fill in when Ivory Coast star Toure is missing in the New Year at the African Nations Cup.

Lescott completed a £24m move yesterday and has signed a five-year deal.

He could make his debut at Portsmouth on Sunday.

Hughes added: "I am delighted. I feel we have recruited a defender of the very highest quality."

Re: The Sun: Kolo Toure to be named City Captain! Barry Vice-Cap

Cant see it being true, after all its the sun but would prefer Barry or Given to be captain to be honest.

RealMancsAreBlue said:
Cant see it being true, after all its the sun but would prefer Barry or Given to be captain to be honest.

Yeah, I was rooting for Ireland and Barry but I doubt they (the Sun) would make such a bold statement without some truth behind it.

Toure has the championship experience so this is no surprise. Good pick

Barry was a great captain at Villa when he was surrounded by players that weren't as good as him ability wise, maybe hughes would prefer Kolo as he has captained players who play at the highest level and like already stated has championship winning experiance. For me Kolo is a good pick and Barry is the perfect Vice. For me the added pressure of captain could effect Stevie's game so i wouldn't give him the armband. Given would be a good shout but personally i prefer a captain that is in the thick of things for 90 minutes.

It looks like the end of the road for Dunne.
A shame really, but we have to move on.

Good choice.

Toure is a winner and is always talking to his team mates.

Boss Mark Hughes is set to hand the armband to the former Arsenal centre-back, who moved to Eastlands for £14million last month.

Gareth Barry will fill in when Ivory Coast star Toure is missing in the New Year at the African Nations Cup.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2607272/Kolo-skips-in-at-City.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... R=Football</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.