Next Captain

i'd say Kompany for his sheer coolness and professionalism and the respect he commands on the pitch.

i would say De Jong, as the midfield general can lead by his example, i just think his style of play that racks up yellow cards, could impact his regularity in the side, so i think Vincent pips it just on that score.

Whatever happens now it will be impossible for Tevez to remain as captain. He clearly hates the manager and has now made it clear he doesnt want to be at the club. Either way there is no way he can continue to be captain after the way he has behaved.

New Captain should be Vinnie Kompany for me. Model professional and you could argue overall our next best player over the last 2 seasons.

Most of us thought he should have been made captain in the first place.

blueplan said:
Defintely one who projects a good image For City. Not one who will be vilified by football fans all over.

Barry for me!

that'll be on a 'week-to-week' basis will it? Given that in all likelihood he'll be gone in the summer...............perhaps he should share it with adebyor.

kenzie115 said:
Balti said:
NDJ could do it no question but we give the press another stick to beat us with.

Tevez should be stripped of the captaincy immediately. Can't have a half-hearted mard arse that has handed in a transfer request as our leader.

VK or GB for me.

I think this may be one of the reasons Mancini will go for De Jong, a sort of two fingered salute to the press et al, saying "We don't care what you think, we do things our way here."

Plus as in rugby (but to a lesser extent) the captain can be used by the referee to get his message to the players. Therefore it could be said the captain has less chance of getting cautioned or sent off. I am not sure if there is evidence to support this theory in football.

Kompany for me will be for us what John Terry is/was to Chelsea. I agree De Jong is a great leader on the pitch but he has had a lot of bad press re: tackles on Ben arfa and Alonso which would result in more bad press for the club. Joe Hart would be a good representative for the club but personally I think an outfield player should be captain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.