Next England Manager...

davymcfc said:
has to be redknapp. always gets the best out of his players. we really need an english manager.

Never really been arsed about the nationality of the manager before.
But whilst watching the post-match analysis today on the beeb, I couldn't help but notice how absolutley gutted Dixon and Shearer were. Got me thinking that maybe we need an Englishman to instill into the players just what it means to play for their country.
Not saying either of those are right for the job, but they're of an era when pulling on the England shirt was a matter of pride and from todays performance perhaps that needs grilling into the team.

Son Of Blue said:
davymcfc said:
has to be redknapp. always gets the best out of his players. we really need an english manager.

Never really been arsed about the nationality of the manager before.
But whilst watching the post-match analysis today on the beeb, I couldn't help but notice how absolutley gutted Dixon and Shearer were. Got me thinking that maybe we need an Englishman to instill into the players just what it means to play for their country.
Not saying either of those are right for the job, but they're of an era when pulling on the England shirt was a matter of pride and from todays performance perhaps that needs grilling into the team.
todays half time team talk needed passion from the main man. can you imagine capello getting the players fired up?

Sadly no. Perhaps its just his limited grasp of the language but I just cannot see him firing the players up.
In his post match interview he just seemed lost. He replied "I dont know" to (I think) three questions thrown at him. Newsflash Fabio, its your flipping JOB to know what went wrong. At one point he even tried to claim the team "played well".
As I say, maybe his true feelings were lost in translation (he did look rather despondant) but I couldn't help but feel that the language barrier is probably just as bad between him and the players.
Or maybe they're just a bunch of over-payed, over-hyped nancy boys who believe they're own hype. But thats a different conversation!

Son Of Blue said:
Sadly no. Perhaps its just his limited grasp of the language but I just cannot see him firing the players up.
In his post match interview he just seemed lost. He replied "I dont know" to (I think) three questions thrown at him. Newsflash Fabio, its your flipping JOB to know what went wrong. At one point he even tried to claim the team "played well".
As I say, maybe his true feelings were lost in translation (he did look rather despondant) but I couldn't help but feel that the language barrier is probably just as bad between him and the players.
Or maybe they're just a bunch of over-payed, over-hyped nancy boys who believe they're own hype. But thats a different conversation!
you make some very valid points. its absolutely the language barrier. you need someone who can man manage the players. not someone who can barely muster an english sentance. the players show such lack of passion but that could be the italian tactics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.