Next James Bond?

Bizarrely, even though I have been accused, I think we all know who is the racist on this thread. I'll leave it at that, as I need to go and black up for a Halloween party, I'm going as a zombie slave and the missus is going as a Klan member, should be fun.

Bigga said:
de niro said:
be nice gang.

bond is white btw.

In this current incarnation; I agree.

But, Bill, this is a FICTIONAL character.

In the current re-examining of 'Sherlock Holmes', played by Jonny Lee Miller in the series "Elementary", 'Holmes' is pretty much a tattooed former smack head and 'Watson' is a woman.

It took a short while to get used to but, actually, it has opened up a new and interesting dynamic.

This is all I've been saying to the Dinosaur.
Sherlock Holmes was always a smack head if you actually read the books.

BWTAC said:
Bizarrely, even though I have been accused, I think we all know who is the racist on this thread. I'll leave it at that, as I need to go and black up for a Halloween party, I'm going as a zombie slave and the missus is going as a Klan member, should be fun.

I think it's a positive step forward towards equality that being an ill-informed,single-issue racist bore is now a career option for everyone,rather than just the white community.

Bigga said:
de niro said:
be nice gang.

bond is white btw.

In the current re-examining of 'Sherlock Holmes', played by Jonny Lee Miller in the series "Elementary", 'Holmes' is pretty much a tattooed former smack head and 'Watson' is a woman.

It took a short while to get used to but, actually, it has opened up a new and interesting dynamic.

you should always respect the creator's wishes.

If Bond is deemed as white by Fleming, then he should stay white.

I don't agree with physical appearances of characters being drastically changed just to suit a TV committee, it's disrespectful to the original creator of the character imo.

Why was Daniel Radcliffe chosen as Harry Potter? because he looked liked the description of Harry Potter in the books.

It's not difficult, and there's nothing wrong with it, and before you call it a racist issue plenty on here who have commented on this thread and other similar threads have also criticised Tom Cruise for taking that Jack Reacher role(or whatever he's called).

Unfortunately you're putting your eggs in one basket and looking for a contradicting response just so you can cry wolf again.

There's nothing more to it than respecting somebody else's work.

BWTAC said:

Who accused whom? And why 'leave it as that'? Nobody cares how you choose to pass your Halloween fun time. It may just be every day shenanigans, for all I know...

As I've said, you've skewed the thread as you've wanted to, even though I have CLEARLY explained twice.

Just have a think about that as you party on.

SWP's back said:
Bigga said:
de niro said:
be nice gang.

bond is white btw.

Sherlock Holmes was always a smack head if you actually read the books.

Traditional 'Holmes' smoked opium. The newer inference is that 'Holmes' injected.

A little difference.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Bigga said:
de niro said:
be nice gang.

bond is white btw.

you should always respect the creator's wishes.

If Bond is deemed as white by Fleming, then he should stay white.

I don't agree with physical appearances of characters being drastically changed just to suit a TV committee, it's disrespectful to the original creator of the character imo.

Why was Daniel Radcliffe chosen as Harry Potter? because he looked liked the description of Harry Potter in the books.

It's not difficult, and there's nothing wrong with it, and before you call it a racist issue plenty on here who have commented on this thread and other similar threads have also criticised Tom Cruise for taking that Jack Reacher role(or whatever he's called).

There's nothing more to it than respecting somebody else's work.

Regardless of whether an author has written from an original standpoint, the ownership will change at some point, which is the right of that owner to explore what they want from that ownership.

It's like buying the rights to a song; if you want to explore new parameters of what that song can hold, you can. Some may like it, some won't.

The point is, things are open for exploration and interpretation and you may well find a classic from such a search instead of repeating the melody...

Thus a chat between Elba and the Broccoli family and not anyone else.

SWP's back said:
Not really.

Yes really.

How can it be 'sh*t' if you contribute by posting on it?

Nobody has asked you to. You could just 'ignore' it.

You don't because race is particularly forthright, in this day and age and until I can say 'Idris Elba would like to play fictional character James Bond' and nobody see his race, but an ACTOR, then it will always be a 'problem' that many cannot see past.

Apparently, though, barbed comment has me down as 'racist'.

Laughable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.