Next Labour Leader - Miliband Resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was unaware that bestowed special status upon the person.

No doubt you are against taking people out of income tax then as they then become 2nd class citizens like pensioners. Pretty disgraceful that you see huge swathes of decent people as 2nd class citizens.

Shame on you.
Pensioners are income tax payers.

Pensioners are income tax payers.

Some maybe. But those on a statutory pension are not.

It was more a subtle point to try to show Lucky13 that there is more to taxation than income tax. A lot more and Income tax itself it less than 30% of the UK tax take.

Thankfully Corbyn will increase the Income tax take in a fair and progressive way so the country can invest in the future. After all, we all want a decent police force, good infrastructure, a decent armed forces, good education, a better NHS etc etc etc.....dont we :)

Some maybe. But those on a statutory pension are not.

It was more a subtle point to try to show Lucky13 that there is more to taxation than income tax. A lot more and Income tax itself it less than 30% of the UK tax take.

Thankfully Corbyn will increase the Income tax take in a fair and progressive way so the country can invest in the future. After all, we all want a decent police force, good infrastructure, a decent armed forces, good education, a better NHS etc etc etc.....dont we :)
He won't though will he as the electorate won't vote for him.

And I'm not sure how anyone could just live on state pension, and the majority have work/private pensions bud.

I prefer the phrase , income tax payers .
I think "net contributors" is probably better, as people who earn less than the personal allowance are still contributing via VAT etc. whereas people living entirely on benefits are simply providing a small rebate to the treasury via VAT on fags, booze, iphones and bendy TVs;-)

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that they need this, they need to go properly left wing so they can see what happens and move on.

I'm coming round to that conclusion. But dont underestimate the ability of the left to find excuses why a massive election defeat under Corbyn wouldnt be down to his policies.

He won't though will he as the electorate won't vote for him.

And I'm not sure how anyone could just live on state pension, and the majority have work/private pensions bud.

My mam lives on the state pension. As do her friends. One of my Mam's mates still waits on and she is 81 so she can have a little pin money.

I dont know what world you live in pal, but council estate world is not a work/private pensions place

I think "net contributors" is probably better, as people who earn less than the personal allowance are still contributing via VAT etc. whereas people living entirely on benefits are simply providing a small rebate to the treasury via VAT on fags, booze, iphones and bendy TVs;-)

People on welfare nominally pay 20% of their income in tax. As there propensity to spend is the highest of any group and VAT applies on most essentials surely that is obvious.

But dont miss the chance to demonise those on welfare will you, no doubt it makes you feel all superior.

Don't forget corporation tax and council tax.

Income tax, corporation tax and council tax combined is still less than 50% of the UK tax take.

If the £80bn that Corporations are estimated to avoid was to be gathered in then it would be over 50%. But it is OK for the rich to get away with paying thier share and somehow it does not equate to people like you that the more they avoid tax, the MORE you have to pay to make up for it. Ironic aint it. But still blame the poor why not.

People on welfare nominally pay 20% of their income in tax. As there propensity to spend is the highest of any group and VAT applies on most essentials surely that is obvious.

But dont miss the chance to demonise those on welfare will you, no doubt it makes you feel all superior.
Most food and children's clothes are zero rated for VAT, and energy along with many essentials is rated at 5%, so if most are refunding a full 20% to the treasury, the difference must be made up by items where there are additional duties over and above VAT e.g. Alcohol, Cigarettes and Petrol. You're not suggesting that are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.