Next Labour Leader - Miliband Resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe your arguing if someone pays tax on money they have received from someone else, not only do some of you lefties forever have your hand held out but you want thanking as well, next time I tip a beggar a quid I must remember to ask for 20p back

And then thank him for his contribution

Yes they do if we are counting people paying no income tax as really paying 20% VAT on everything.

You really want to test me on taxation?

People who don't pay income tax don't pay 20% tax.

No, I don't want to test you. I'd be interested to see a computation that calculates an effective tax rate of 67% for someone on £45k though.

People who don't pay income tax don't pay 20% tax.

No, I don't want to test you. I'd be interested to see a computation that calculates an effective tax rate of 67% for someone on £45k though.
If you don't believe the 20% vat part, take that up with rascal, it was he that made mention of it. And I then went on to say that using that logic, someone on 45k pays 67% tax, broken down as follows:

20% vat
40% income tax
7% National insurance

If you don't believe the 20% vat part, take that up with rascal, it was he that made mention of it. And I then went on to say that using that logic, someone on 45k pays 67% tax, broken down as follows:

20% vat
40% income tax
7% National insurance

Except, as you know, only £3k of that income would be taxed at 40%. I'm not interested in your quarrel with Rascal, I was just pointing out that 67% is not correct.

Except, as you know, only £3k of that income would be taxed at 40%. I'm not interested in your quarrel with Rascal, I was just pointing out that 67% is not correct.
But you've just admitted it is correct.

It's your quarrel with him, you're the one saying someone not paying income tax doesn't pay 20%.

Can't believe your arguing if someone pays tax on money they have received from someone else, not only do some of you lefties forever have your hand held out but you want thanking as well, next time I tip a beggar a quid I must remember to ask for 20p back

And then thank him for his contribution

There is thing you may have heard of. It is called National Insurance. When you work you pay in, when times are hard you get helped out. Some Liberal fella called Beveridge came up with it as a way of alleviating the grinding poverty that people suffered before WW2 in the great depression.

It is like paying into a fund for when you are down on your luck. It has worked very well for years and years. Its worked that well some Tories think there is profit in it and want to privatise it. A sure sign something works for the people surely.

You never know you may benefit from it yourself one day. The vast majority do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.