Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the biggest mistake every football fan at successful clubs make. Think that success is guaranteed forever. I hope Pep extends, but not for too long. These Ferguson, Busby, Wenger type dynasties tend to be followed by slumps. That said, the great thing about Pep is that once he leaves, he’ll leave. No hanging about the corridors looming large over his successors. We know Pep helped Bayern sort out his successor there and hopefully he’ll repeat the trick here, but nothing is guaranteed. What gives us an edge is Khaldoun, Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristan. That gives me optimism, not blind arrogance.

After Liverpool managed a comeback the other week versus the mighty Newcastle, I recall their fans singing “We’re gonna win the league!” I’m proud to be a blue and we’ll never muster that level of arrogance. I think Pep appreciates not having to deal with that level of entitlement.

Newcastle fans have always been arrogant self entitled wankers full of their own deluded sense of importance. They’re scousers of the north east.

On the other hand every Sunderland fan I’ve met has been sound.

I'm reasonably confident that City are going to head hunt Arteta once they know Pep's leaving.

It seems like the grand plan is the Barca model of having someone who knows the club and has worked there in some capacity previously. They'd be seeing Arteta's time at Arsenal as part of his apprenticeship I reckon.

I no idea just a hunch that Arteta would like to make his name at Arsenal than to follow Pep.

Could be totally wrong.

He's got a good setup there now to be fair. I like their squad now and their academy produces quite consistently. The only thing is that City can say to him that we'll help him to compete at the very top whereas Arsenal's leadership are still reluctant to spend big.

I'm reasonably confident that City are going to head hunt Arteta once they know Pep's leaving.

It seems like the grand plan is the Barca model of having someone who knows the club and has worked there in some capacity previously. They'd be seeing Arteta's time at Arsenal as part of his apprenticeship I reckon.
In fairness,he is very much a 'mini me' and is beginning to impress.

I hope we don't go anywhere near Arteta. When we've played them, they have looked useless to me and are basically an expensive "smash and grab" team. Xhaka was sent off - again - tonight and he sums them up. No discipline, rash, liabilities and uncontrolled play. That's the absolute opposite of a Pep team who are calm under pressure and play their game whether it's away at Galatasaray or home against Torquay.

Arteta will be in that dressing room tonight cracking the champers open. For him, a 0-0 against Liverpool where they barely touched the ball is a real achievement. I see him as a slight cut above the likes of Allardyce, except he never got the chance to manage a club like Arsenal.

We can do far better than Arteta. He's made a team that used to finish 4th all the time into a team that will compete for the top 6. As I've said before, it shows what a superb manager Wenger was.

If we wanted an ex Arsenal and City player who has done a superb job at his current club, then Viera is surely the choice. Personally, I'd have neither, but given Palace let a lot of first teamers go in the close season, Viera has done a brilliant job of making them a team who have never looked in danger of a relegation scrap.

I think we will go in for a top class manager, we won't be getting Arteta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.