Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsense.

While sentiment plays a huge part,the man is walking the walk.

He literally could not be doing a better job at Burnley,its the perfect audition,and he has the character,intelligence, and presence to step up and take this job.Hopefully Bellers sticks by his side.
So your saying he is ready to step up and take over the greatest manager of all time because he has had a standout season at championship Burnley? . Liverpool fans were thinking exactly the same about stevie g and look what happened there . To take over Man City you have to be one of the best managers in the world and I’m afraid vinnie is not there yet and might ever be .

So your saying he is ready to step up and take over the greatest manager of all time because he has had a standout season at championship Burnley? . Liverpool fans were thinking exactly the same about stevie g and look what happened there . To take over Man City you have to be one of the best managers in the world and I’m afraid vinnie is not there yet and might ever be .
I am saying exactly that.

You only have to listen to him,to the way others talk about and respond to him,to the incredibly impressive way he handles himself....I see the perfect man to carry on the brilliance in his own way.

If he wasn't a City legend I don't think we'd be discussing the possibility of Vinny being our manager in the future, let alone being our next manager. He's doing a fantastic job and obviously it would be a dream appointment but I want to see how he performs in the Premier League first.

Even if he keeps them up next season and cements them as a mid-table team over the next few years, I still don't see him making the jump from Burnley straight to City. I think we'll be looking for someone that has managed in the Champions League and at least competed for the big honours. If he does eventually end up here I think it will be after managing another club first.

I don’t think you realise the level he’s got Burnley playing at. They had no money in the summer, many predicted that it was a thankless job when he took it. Some think this is the best team the championship has ever seen and he’s playing similar football to City (well, what we used to play anyway).

You don’t need to loads of experience to make the step to a team like City.
Cheers for pissing all over my chips Saturday morning mate but I agree I think there will be a surprise or 2 before Vinny gets there . . .

Read/ heard somewhere that Mumbai coach is very well respected in CFG circles and is expected to come to us as Pep's no 2 within the next 18 months.
Haven't a clue who he is but seemingly well respected within the group.
Des Buckingham, still only 38 so by that timeframe he’d be coming here as an assistant at 40, plenty young

He’s managed Wellington Phoenix, Oxford’s youth team under Wilder (where he’s credited with graduating 24 youth players), New Zealand’s youth team, and Stoke City’s youth team under Sparky. Assisted Kisnorbo at Melbourne before taking over at Mumbai.

Born in Oxford. Never played as a pro but was a youth at Reading and Oxford.

Doing a great job at Burnley but nowhere near the level needed to manage Man City . Is he good enough to replace probably the greatest manager of them all I think not. A lot of sentiment being about vinnie I think .
The same could have been said about the Barca B team manager after a year in the job!

I don’t think you realise the level he’s got Burnley playing at. They had no money in the summer, many predicted that it was a thankless job when he took it. Some think this is the best team the championship has ever seen and he’s playing similar football to City (well, what we used to play anyway).

You don’t need to loads of experience to make the step to a team like City.
I think Keegan's City would have a claim to that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.