Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like pep to stay until we have a first team full of academy players. Then I would like him to start a coaching school sponsored by cfg so we can have a steady stream of top coaches

Bottled what should have been a guaranteed title with Liverpool
Bottled what should have been a guaranteed top four with Leicester City two years in a row
Lost European games to Lincoln Red Imps, AEK Athens and Zorya Luhansk

His teams have a clear problem performing when the pressure is really on. Contrast this with Pep who always holds his leads in the title race (first season aside).

The other concern I have with Rodgers is his treatment of players like Iheanacho at Leicester. He's very much a manager who picks his favourites and starts them no matter how badly things are going, which to me suggests a lack of will to admit when he's wrong.
He can't help it that Slippy G as dancing on ice that day. The next game, which was the Palace one if my time line is correct, their heads had gone.

With our players I think Brentan would do a great job. Who knows, had he been in the dugout for the CL final we may not have all looked at the team sheet open-mouthed.

I'd be more than happy with him if he is the chosen one when Pep leaves.

He can't help it that Slippy G as dancing on ice that day. The next game, which was the Palace one if my time line is correct, their heads had gone.

With our players I think Brentan would do a great job. Who knows, had he been in the dugout for the CL final we may not have all looked at the team sheet open-mouthed.

Thing is, he's not doing a very good job with Leicester either. Their fans haven't been happy with him since last February, and in that time they've only won seven out of 23 games in the league and Europa League. Both results and performances have taken a really bad downturn. Had a similar bad patch at the end of the 2019/20 season when they only won six of their last 22 matches.

13 wins across 45 games in those two runs. Really bad.

I am biased of course because frankly I hate the bloke after he fucked up Kelechi's career but I also don't think he's a very good manager once the initial run of form fades.

Bottled what should have been a guaranteed title with Liverpool
Bottled what should have been a guaranteed top four with Leicester City two years in a row
Lost European games to Lincoln Red Imps, AEK Athens and Zorya Luhansk

His teams have a clear problem performing when the pressure is really on. Contrast this with Pep who always holds his leads in the title race (first season aside).

The other concern I have with Rodgers is his awful treatment of players like Iheanacho at Leicester. He's very much a manager who picks his favourites and starts them no matter how badly things are going, which to me suggests a lack of will to admit when he's wrong.

I've discussed those Liverpool and Leicester so called bottlings already in this thread so not repeating myself.

Don't follow his team selections that closely but Nacho started their last game. What I do know is that as a central striker Vardy is going to get preferred most of the time for good reason.

Thing is, he's not doing a very good job with Leicester either. Their fans haven't been happy with him since last February, and in that time they've only won seven out of 23 games in the league and Europa League. Both results and performances have taken a really bad downturn. Had a similar bad patch at the end of the 2019/20 season when they only won six of their last 22 matches.

13 wins across 45 games in those two runs. Really bad.

I am biased of course because frankly I hate the bloke after he fucked up Kelechi's career but I also don't think he's a very good manager once the initial run of form fades.
I suppose whoever we get next the bones will be picked about this and that. We have thee best in the business, and it will be a downgrade in many aspects.

I've discussed those Liverpool and Leicester so called bottlings already in this thread so not repeating myself.

Don't follow his team selections that closely but Nacho started their last game. What I do know is that as a central striker Vardy is going to get preferred most of the time for good reason.
Not good reason at all, though. When Vardy is going on runs of sometimes over a dozen games without scoring, and Iheanacho is watching from the bench with literally the best goal per minute ratio in the Premier League, that's not good reasoning- that's just stubbornness.

I'm not sure what there is to be worried about to be honest. Worst case scenario is you fire him after 2 years and get someone new in.

We're not going away, if there's a temporary lull all it would do is reset expectations and make us enjoy the next boss and titles even more.

Khaldoon, Txiki and co. aren't going to settle for mediocrity.

City believe he is at the perfect age to cement a legacy of his own, embrace the younger players now being dripped in.

Rodgers doesn't really have a bad word to say about us and that's deliberate. There's a paucity of elite managers winning at an elite level, outside of Pep, so City have been busy assessing Rodgers, aligned to the resources he has had so far in his career.
we clearly know he is on a list but i don't believe for one second he is near the top of that list.

I suppose whoever we get next the bones will be picked about this and that. We have thee best in the business, and it will be a downgrade in many aspects.

That's why I'd go for a Lampard-esque signing. Kompany ideally.

He can come in, the pressure will be off, nobody will be expecting a league title or CL. The one thing Pep won't really do is turn the guys like Palmer, Doyle, Mbete and Edozie into proper first-team regulars but I can definitely see Kompany doing that.

Lampard's time at Chelsea was short and not that good but he did give them Abraham, James and Tomori. It's not his fault Tuchel sold two of those. We need someone who'll similarly bring through a few academy graduates and then leave after a couple of seasons of decent results IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.