Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be really disappointed if Rodgers is high up on any list to replace Pep.
We will have gone from having a truly great scholar of the game to a guy who believes in shite corny gimmicks that the best players in the world will laugh at.
He may be a decent coach, most things point to the fact he is very capable but I just can't take him serious as a man, I think he tries too hard and he should stay at the level he is at. Top 4 contender and the odd trophy here and there.
I think we are now at a place where we are too big for him. It concerns me that we supposedly have people at the club who are pushing for it tbh.

Thing is, he's not doing a very good job with Leicester either. Their fans haven't been happy with him since last February, and in that time they've only won seven out of 23 games in the league and Europa League. Both results and performances have taken a really bad downturn. Had a similar bad patch at the end of the 2019/20 season when they only won six of their last 22 matches.

13 wins across 45 games in those two runs. Really bad.

I am biased of course because frankly I hate the bloke after he fucked up Kelechi's career but I also don't think he's a very good manager once the initial run of form fades.
yhp, they just had good runs the past 2 seasons at the start of the season before tailing off. This season they haven't even done that.

League results between August - 14 December for the past 2 seasons:

Pld: 29, W: 20, D:3, L: 6, GS: 64, GC: 26, GD: +38, Pts: 63/87.

15 December - end of the season:

Pld: 47, W: 18, D: 11, L: 18, GS: 71, GC: 65, GD: +6, Pts: 65/141.

This season:

Pld: 7, W: 2, D: 2, L: 3, GS: 9, GC: 12, GD: -3, Pts: 8/21.

It's clear what the norm is.

Nope, not Brendan. He's good for clubs like Leicester whose expectations are to finish anywhere between 4th-8th and have a good cup run. He's done really well for them and fair play to him. But nah, we can't go from Pep to him.

I thought his sacking was harsh at the time. And IIRC, it took Klopp quite some time to genuinely improve on the results Rodgers was getting.

If it wasn't about results, do enlighten us.

And, however successful or otherwise Rodgers was at Liverpool, it was several years ago and he has surely learnt plenty since then and developed as a manager and coach.

People don't seem to want to give him much credit for what he did at Celtic but he proved that he could make the very best of a very favourable situation. He also gave Pep's City a tough time in the UCL. Didn't he also get Celtic to give very creditable performances against a strong Barcelona?
As I said, join the dots and make your mind up.
By saying "surely" you are obviously assuming that he has developed since leaving Liverpool.

That's because you know that performances in the SPL/Celtic job is little or no measure of potential for a job at an elite level.

if a couple of 'creditable performances' against top teams is good enough to qualify to be City coach, we can expect to see the likes of Daniel Farke, Bielsa, and the Stretford Gnome on Khaldoon's wishlist.

Personally, wouldn't employ any of them to walk the dog.

I rather the club takes the chance with Graham Potter than Brendan Rodgers.

I hope it's just rumor though and also someone inside the club that admires him need to be silenced or excluded from giving their opinions for the next manager ever again.

Thing is, he's not doing a very good job with Leicester either. Their fans haven't been happy with him since last February

Oh yes they were all so upset when he won them their first ever FA Cup.

Why do people on here always have to take everything too far and say such stupid things?

I rather the club takes the chance with Graham Potter than Brendan Rodgers.

I hope it's just rumor though and also someone inside the club that admires him need to be silenced or excluded from giving their opinions for the next manager ever again.
Why, what has Potter achieved that Rodgers hasn't ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.