Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be Brendan Rodgers.

Or should I say it has been discussed, and he's also aware of it.

Been my guess for some time.

I reckon he is quite careful what he says about us when we play Leicester or media have some reason to question him about City. Gives off the vibe that he'd like to succeed Pep.

When the time comes though to replace Pep - and I don't know if he will go when current contract is due to end - things may well look different but, right now, Brenda still makes a lot of sense.

Luis Enrique. Luis Enrique. Luis Enrique.

Friendly with the Catalans, close to Pep. Familiar with managing a big club with big expectations. Treble winning manager who took over a Pep side and tweaked it enough to keep things fresh (quicker attacks, more central) without deviating from the principles.

Spain was the perfect job for him because of his daughter's illness as it allowed him to spend time with her, and the rest of his family. 5 years later he will probably be ready to re-join club management.

Anyway, Pep will have a lot of input. He gave strong recommendations to Barcelona (Vilanova) who they trusted and had success with, and he gave strong recommendations to Bayern which were ignored and followed by failure.

I think City are smart enough to listen to Pep so we won't go wrong.

I'm sure City have a list of people they are watching and, along with Rodgers, I expect Enrique is on there.

I suspect Premier League experience may get more priority with the next manager selection.

Last edited:
He's managed Celtic and Liverpool; neither of those jobs was too big for him.

He'd win plenty at City.
Dismiss what he did in Scotland, tinpot league that even Gerrard has won.

Look at his recent seasons with Leicester, bottled CL qualification 3 years in a row.

His piss poor management cost Liverpool the title as it has with his recent years with Leicester. It is not a coincidence they struggle when the pressure gets on top.

I suspect Premier League experience may get more priority with the next manager selection.

I'm not sure why it would, the Abu Dhabi ownership have never hired a manager with Premier League experience and we've won 5 titles out of it.

Luis Enrique.

Rodgers Leicester play so uninspiring football at times. Many times Leicester individuals have got him out of the shit. I get Pellegrini vibes with Rodgers.
If the next guy can match Pellers record all is well and good. Apart from perhaps the CL I think Pep's record when he
leaves will be almost impossible to match. Indeed it may mark an end to the era of City as the team to beat.

If the next guy can match Pellers record all is well and good. Apart from perhaps the CL I think Pep's record when he
leaves will be almost impossible to match. Indeed it may mark an end to the era of City as the team to beat.

We were on a rapid decline under Pellegrini. It was getting worse and worse every season and the defence was a joke. He benefitted a lot in his first year from the defensive organisation left over from Mancini, similar to Martinez’s first year at Everton, but as time went by that organisation eroded away. We wouldn’t have got top 4 16/17 season if he had stayed and we only got it by the skin of our teeth in his final year.

Dismiss what he did in Scotland, tinpot league that even Gerrard has won.

Look at his recent seasons with Leicester, bottled CL qualification 3 years in a row.

His piss poor management cost Liverpool the title as it has with his recent years with Leicester. It is not a coincidence they struggle when the pressure gets on top.

He won the league when he had the best squad in the competition, the same way Guardiola has in every season he’s coached. You think Pep would have won the league with the Liverpool and Leicester sides Rodgers has?

He’s also got a very good track record of identifying and developing young talent, something that the ideal candidate for the job should have, given the amount of elite potential there is in our academy now. I don’t think we’d be seeing £60m utility players under him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.