Next Season (if we could all have our own way!)

Sounds like a lot of people like the 4-2-3-1 with

---------------Hart----------------
Richards--Kompany--Lescott--Clichy
-------Toure---------Martinez------
---Silva-------Tevez------Hazard---
--------------Agüero---------------

Other suggestions included Cavani/Falcao, Bale, and Modric. Given Bale's versatility, where we he play primarily? I assume Cavani/Falcao would where Tevez is if he gets sold?

i♥city! said:
I still don't believe city has to spend hundred of millions every season ESPECIALLY with the FFP coming .

1.I still believe Tevez is a good player who can get us double digit goals for at least 3 more seasons , He should stay (hate him or love him you just can't deny the fact that he is arguably the most feared attacker in the EPL ...I mean an out of form tevez scored 5 goals in 2 games !!).

2. Chellini is wonderful BUT age isn't on his side and its a well known fact that Italian footballers are obsessed with playing and staying at ITALY for example apart from santon i can't really think of another quality italian player in the EPL so I wouldn't want to gamble with another Tevez / home sick player saga. THEREFORE i would go with THIAGO SILVA . He is younger than Lescott and Chellini and has been voted the BEST defender in the SERIE A for some time now . He would totally fit into our defense and his pairing with Kompany would be like building the GREAT WALL OF CHINA right at the etihad stadium.

3. Kolo , Savic , Dzeko , Kolarov (Zab would cover perfectly for kolarov) , wayne bridge , Adam Johnson (I really like this guy BUT he just isn't doing it for us as a winger)and cruz should all be sold . The FFP is coming real soon besides we need to do real BUSINESS (buy and sell) in the coming season . I believe this sales can raise about 80million or MORE .

4.Take advantage of adebayors loan to tottenham by offering cash + Adebayor for Bale . I can't over emphasize why we need BALE . He is a work horse (I have seen harry play him as a Winger , LB when ekotto was injured , midfielder and he has played these positions PERFECTLY )and there would be heavy rotation between him and Yaya PLUS imagine both of them playing together in a crucial game ...WOW!!

5.Maybe Lassana diarra / Sahin to cover for Barry / Dejong . A team like City should comfortably challenge for a treble next season (PL , FA CUP , UCL) so we need heavy team rotation .

T.SILVA = about 35/40Million (A well deserved cost ...Fergie paid the same for rio years back).

BALE= Adebayor + 20Million

Lass/ Sahin= 15Million . A total estimate of about 75Million . A cost that can be raised from selling players without the sheikh spending a dime .

We must remember that while we make suggestions about who we should buy and who we should sell teams like ACMILAN that has lost about 7 of their key players due to retirement / sales would be desperately in the transfer market and they would be interested in some of the players we are also interested in . Mancini and the transfer team need to ACT FAST .
You clearly dont know much about football / havnt been supportting city for very long.
You make it sounds like we are in a game of football manager with all these different deals, i doubt RM will let sahin go after he has only been there for 1 year.
And this made me laugh - Thiago silva is OLDER than Chiellini so you cant say age isnt on GC side when hes younger than thiago silva......

only really need 1 or two new faces but all depends on who mancini has had his fill of.

i.e is milner a 'i know best' type of player and has been benched because he doesnt do as he is told?

frankly i think we were shafted out of champs league by the ref in the bayern game and poor finishing against napoli at home.

if 4 or 5 players are ditched from the squad who is brought in?
a player to disrupt the league title player?

e.g kolorov leaves and we bring in a top quality left back who demands 1st team football. Clichy is pushed down pecking order????

bringing in top quality players now is trouble.

dillbi95 said:
You clearly dont know much about football / havnt been supportting city for very long.
You make it sounds like we are in a game of football manager with all these different deals, i doubt RM will let sahin go after he has only been there for 1 year.
And this made me laugh - Thiago silva is OLDER than Chiellini so you cant say age isnt on GC side when hes younger than thiago silva......

Ermmm... Chellini is actually OLDER than Thiago Silva you can do a google search on that and its a well known fact that T.Silva is better than Chellini . I would rather have us play Lescott than get Chellini as for the Sahin thing , i made a suggestion that we should get one out of these three : Sahin / Lassana / Bale and the reason i mentioned these three is because they can cover for Yaya should he get injured or something , They wouldn't cover for him 100% but they would be above average in the midfield PLUS my suggestions are NOTHING LIKE FOOTBALL MANAGER rather they are reasonable / genuine suggestions . I think those who suggest we get RVP , Hazard (who's similar to Nasri) , Ronaldo or messi (As ridiculous as it sounds i have seen posts here suggesting that we get either CR or Messi) are the ones making ridiculous "football manager" suggestions

i♥city! said:
dillbi95 said:

Ermmm... Chellini is actually OLDER than Thiago Silva you can do a google search on that and its a well known fact that T.Silva is better than Chellini . I would rather have us play Lescott than get Chellini as for the Sahin thing , i made a suggestion that we should get one out of these three : Sahin / Lassana / Bale and the reason i mentioned these three is because they can cover for Yaya should he get injured or something , They wouldn't cover for him 100% but they would be above average in the midfield PLUS my suggestions are NOTHING LIKE FOOTBALL MANAGER rather they are reasonable / genuine suggestions . I think those who suggest we get RVP , Hazard (who's similar to Nasri) , Ronaldo or messi (As ridiculous as it sounds i have seen posts here suggesting that we get either CR or Messi) are the ones making ridiculous "football manager" suggestions
My bad, chiellini is OLDER but only by just over a month so you cannot compare ages and say one is not as good as another because of ONE month difference.
So if RM let go Sahin and diarra who are they going to be bringing in? yaya?
How is saying getting Hazard a 'ridiculous' idea? So your callling 75% of us ridiculous because we want Hazard - who is one of / if not the best young talent in europe to join us?
Nasri is an attacking midfielder, hazard can play attacking midfield but i think will be used primarily as a winger here.

4 players I think will join this summer - cb, cm, winger and st

cb - martinez

cm - modric/m'villa

winger - hazzard

st - not my choice ( which van persie or falcoa ) but I think cavanni will join

dillbi95 said:
My bad, chiellini is OLDER but only by just over a month so you cannot compare ages and say one is not as good as another because of ONE month difference.
How is saying getting Hazard a 'ridiculous' idea? So your callling 75% of us ridiculous because we want Hazard - who is one of / if not the best young talent in europe to join us?
Nasri is an attacking midfielder, hazard can play attacking midfield but i think will be used primarily as a winger here.

No you totally got me wrong there ! I'm not saying Hazard is ridiculous (at least not totally) , i am saying the call for CR and messi are ridiculous . Also i am not saying Real would get rid of both Sahin and Lassana BUT its a well known fact that they would be getting rid of ONE of them probably Lassana . He is clearly discontented with the lack of play time he has there and has even made some Interviews about the possibility of leaving Madrid (i saw an interview about 2weeks ago on goal.com)

greasedupdeafguy said:
4 players I think will join this summer - cb, cm, winger and st

cb - martinez

cm - modric/m'villa

winger - hazzard

st - not my choice ( which van persie or falcoa ) but I think cavanni will join
I'd be VERY VERY happy with this. Even if you were to take out Modric and M'Vila and just have Javi Martinez for CM and a back up CB when needed i'd be very happy aswell.<br /><br />-- Thu May 17, 2012 9:23 pm --<br /><br />
i♥city! said:
dillbi95 said:

No you totally got me wrong there ! I'm not saying Hazard is ridiculous (at least not totally) , i am saying the call for CR and messi are ridiculous . Also i am not saying Real would get rid of both Sahin and Lassana BUT its a well known fact that they would be getting rid of ONE of them probably Lassana . He is clearly discontented with the lack of play time he has there and has even made some Interviews about the possibility of leaving Madrid (i saw an interview about 2weeks ago on goal.com)
haha, i think Hazard is a perfectly reasonable target who would be ideal. who do you think would be a reasonable club for Hazard to join? (just out of interest). But if Diarra would not be happy with not alot of playing time at RM surely it wouldnt be happy with it here?

dillbi95 said:
haha, i think Hazard is a perfectly reasonable target who would be ideal. who do you think would be a reasonable club for Hazard to join? (just out of interest). But if Diarra would not be happy with not alot of playing time at RM surely it wouldnt be happy with it here?

considering the fact that la liga is a silly 2 horse race RM can afford to play the same team week in week out as other teams would either intentionally roll over or be deservedly (and easily ) beaten by RM however a league like the EPL is a very tough league with every team having a little surprise factor of their own (we saw that when blackburn defeated ManUnited and with the QPR match ) plus we would be in the running for the FA , Carling and UCL cups so it wouldn't be totally out of place to ask for a back up for yaya . I believe Lass would get a good amount of play time here for example if we have a game coming up against norwich at the etihad and after that a match against arsenal away , wouldn't it be wise to play someone else in the norwich game while yaya rests for the Arsenal game or at least sub Yaya in the norwich game after we have an early advantage ?

i♥city! said:
dillbi95 said:

considering the fact that la liga is a silly 2 horse race RM can afford to play the same team week in week out as other teams would either intentionally roll over or be deservedly (and easily ) beaten by RM however a league like the EPL is a very tough league with every team having a little surprise factor of their own (we saw that when blackburn defeated ManUnited and with the QPR match ) plus we would be in the running for the FA , Carling and UCL cups so it wouldn't be totally out of place to ask for a back up for yaya . I believe Lass would get a good amount of play time here for example if we have a game coming up against norwich at the etihad and after that a match against arsenal away , wouldn't it be wise to play someone else in the norwich game while yaya rests for the Arsenal game or at least sub Yaya in the norwich game after we have an early advantage ?

So when did you start supporting City, again?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.