Next Season (if we could all have our own way!)

Sell - Nielson, Kolo, Savic (loan), Bridge, cunningham, MJ, Hargreaves, Ade, Santa and dzeko

Letting 4 defenders leave whilst only bringing in 1 wont happen in my opinion, Rekik is very young and i'm not sure Boyata is good enough.

Blu KB said:
Sell - Nielson, Kolo, Savic (loan), Bridge, cunningham, MJ, Hargreaves, Ade, Santa and dzeko

Letting 4 defenders leave whilst only bringing in 1 wont happen in my opinion, Rekik is very young and i'm not sure Boyata is good enough.
Lets be honest out of the those 4 only kolo is worth keeping hold of, boyata is better than savc imo and rekik looks absolute class in the reserves and for pompey. Kompany and lescott should be first choice cb with martinez as cover, rekik should get a few games and even richards could play cb if needed. Savic cant be trusted at the moment he may well have some potential but let him find that at another club while on loan. Kolo will be on high wages and is 31 will he want to be just a squad player.

No disrespect to SAVIC but he looks like an anorexic runway model and he just isn't good enough for the defense (i actually think BOYATA is better than him but needs some experience )i think he should be sold along with the following :

Santa cruz , Adebayor , Kolarov (Zab is actually a LB so he can cover up for Clichy if Injured i see no reason having 2LB and 2 RB ) , Toure , Bridge , Dzeko .

1.Keep Tevez , I believe the whole "mancini - tevez" saga ALMOST cost us the title and i think if Tevez and Mancini can have a relationship above average and if Tevez plays anything above 30 matches next season then we would have one hand on the trophy come March .
(I made a post in some other thread here concerning Tevez's reliability over RVP)

2. Use the money from these sales to buy THIAGO SILVA first ! A team is only as good as their defense and this was what Mou built his chelsea team on (remember the Terry + Carvalho partnership ?) . Lescott is a good defender BUT NOT A UCL class defender , we MUST get Thiago silva . I know it sounds like Fantasy soccer but Imagine a Thiago silva + Kompany partnership ?? That would be like building the great wall of China right in front of joe hart !! LOL .. Come to think of it he is a 30Million rated defender which isn't that expensive considering the fact that some 7 /8 years ago Fergie spent the same amount on rio ferdinand .

3. After patching up the defense then we need one or 2 midfielders preferably someone to take the load off yaya so he can rest in some matches without us missing his absence . Players like Sahin or Bale can do this preferably Bale considering the fact that they already have Adebayor who has been good for them this season and i bet they wouldn't want to lose him (he is the only spurs attacker to have scored double digit goals this season) so an offer that includes adebayor + 20Million wouldn't be bad . You don't have to like Bale but lets be honest the guy is like a stallion on the pitch .

4. Lassana diarra to take Dejong's spot . Dejong = silly tackles and that's it ! no goals , no passes , nothing just silly tackles , Lassana on the other hand would bring his great experience , ASTRONOMICAL work rate (similar to tiote's ) , brilliant tackles (Anyone remember how he troubled messi in last seasons Madrid / Barca UCL match ? Messi could only move past the midfield when Mou substituted Lassana )PLUS he can actually PASS the ball . Lassana's market value is low now so he wouldn't cost much and i heard some turkish clubs are interested lol would he really play for the EPL champions or some turkish club ? your guess is as good as mine (blue is the color now right XD and its going to stay that way for a LOOOOONG time ).

So 35Million for T.SILVA , 15Million + Adebayor for Bale (so we can rest Yaya every now and then) and an estimate of 10million for Lassana . Roughly 60million ! wise spending in my opinion considering the fact that we would be selling some players PLUS the FFP rule is on the way :)

This would enable HEAVY yet EFFECTIVE team rotation and can take us to the UCL finals .
AS FOR NEXT SEASON
i am happy that we have won the EPL this season but how the hell is Chelsea in the UCL finals and not us lol . We must be at the UCL finals next season and we can only do that by taking the easy route (Juve's style under Antonio conte) and that means NO LOSSES just draws and wins , if we follow this route we wouldn't need to score TONS of goals we would just need to gain a point in EVERY game plus if we can bring in players like T.SILVA and BALE there would be team rotation which would keep most key players fresh and we would have the title by March / APRIL and turn all attention to the UCL finals , Liverpool fans actually showed us some love this season LOL so i would suggest we leave the carling cup for them and United to slug it out (Arrogance ? Yeah i know , i can't help it lol) . #TOGETHER this is possible XD.

Sign:
Pantilimon on permanent deal (think there is a set fee), Yanga-M'Biwa (Good solid defender who can cover all off back 4, looked good this year captining Montpellier to league title), N'Zonzi (should be available on the cheap but would loan out as i see him as a good replacement for Barry year after next), Witsel/Sahin (if available on loan), Sigurðsson (Amazing player said so since I watched him for reading), Hazard, Hoilett (On a free im guessing AJ will move on), Sturridge (1 year left on contract and looks likley to leave, good player and Mancini will make him better/less greedy, also club trained for CL), Ibrahimovic (swap for Tevez), Cavani (If Dzeko is seen to like Ibra, also Edin might want 1st team football).

Sell all dead meat,
Should get decent money for Dzeko and Kolorov,
Loan; N'Zonzi, Savic, Guidetti, Weiss, Razak.

My 25 man squad -
Gk - Hart, Pantilimon, Taylor. (3)
LB - Clichy (Zabaleta/ Yanga-M'Biwa can both cover well). (1)
RB - Richards, Zabaleta. (2)
CB - Kompany, Lescott, Boyata, Yanga-M'Biwa. (4)
CM - De Jong, Barry (N'Zonzi to replace year after next), Milner, Yaya, Witsel/Sahin(loan). (5)
CAM- Silva, Nasri, Sigurðsson. (3)
Wingers - Hazard, Sturridge, Hoilett. (3)
Strikers - Balotelli, Aguero, Ibrahimovic, Cavani. (4)

Home grown; Hart, Taylor, Clichy, Richards, Boyata, Barry, Milner, Sigurðsson, Sturridge, Hoilett. (10).
Club trained; Hart, Richards, Boyata, Sturridge. (4)

Mancini said we will rival spending off Barca/Madrid so lets do it, this squad would win us everything in my opinion.

I still don't believe city has to spend hundred of millions every season ESPECIALLY with the FFP coming .

1.I still believe Tevez is a good player who can get us double digit goals for at least 3 more seasons , He should stay (hate him or love him you just can't deny the fact that he is arguably the most feared attacker in the EPL ...I mean an out of form tevez scored 5 goals in 2 games !!).

2. Chellini is wonderful BUT age isn't on his side and its a well known fact that Italian footballers are obsessed with playing and staying at ITALY for example apart from santon i can't really think of another quality italian player in the EPL so I wouldn't want to gamble with another Tevez / home sick player saga. THEREFORE i would go with THIAGO SILVA . He is younger than Lescott and Chellini and has been voted the BEST defender in the SERIE A for some time now . He would totally fit into our defense and his pairing with Kompany would be like building the GREAT WALL OF CHINA right at the etihad stadium.

3. Kolo , Savic , Dzeko , Kolarov (Zab would cover perfectly for kolarov) , wayne bridge , Adam Johnson (I really like this guy BUT he just isn't doing it for us as a winger)and cruz should all be sold . The FFP is coming real soon besides we need to do real BUSINESS (buy and sell) in the coming season . I believe this sales can raise about 80million or MORE .

4.Take advantage of adebayors loan to tottenham by offering cash + Adebayor for Bale . I can't over emphasize why we need BALE . He is a work horse (I have seen harry play him as a Winger , LB when ekotto was injured , midfielder and he has played these positions PERFECTLY )and there would be heavy rotation between him and Yaya PLUS imagine both of them playing together in a crucial game ...WOW!!

5.Maybe Lassana diarra / Sahin to cover for Barry / Dejong . A team like City should comfortably challenge for a treble next season (PL , FA CUP , UCL) so we need heavy team rotation .

T.SILVA = about 35/40Million (A well deserved cost ...Fergie paid the same for rio years back).

BALE= Adebayor + 20Million

Lass/ Sahin= 15Million . A total estimate of about 75Million . A cost that can be raised from selling players without the sheikh spending a dime .

We must remember that while we make suggestions about who we should buy and who we should sell teams like ACMILAN that has lost about 7 of their key players due to retirement / sales would be desperately in the transfer market and they would be interested in some of the players we are also interested in . Mancini and the transfer team need to ACT FAST .

First off let me start by saying, HELL NO TO SELLING SAVIC !!! What's up with everyone and selling savic? He is the absolutely the best young defender we have. He is 21, has 11 games 1 goal in his first season in a big club and big league. Before January he was holding his own super well (had a great game against Blackburn and remarkable performance against Bayern as right back) He did have a few blunders I agree but which young defender hasn't. I feel like the whole media whirlpool around his plunders is blurring judgement. He has great potential, he is tidy, good at headers and is versatile. Come 24, he could be a great defender. Same way we got rid of Boateng last year and now he is playing the Champions league final as starting CB.

btw I don't even think mancini would want to sell him.

Anyway let's start by the sales.
-Normal weight (ade, bridge, santa cruz, m johnson etc)
- Dzeko: Everyone loves him me included but he simply isn't fitting at Man city. we need a striker with tremendous finishing and first touch skills which Dzeko is a bit lacking. I feel its best to sell him now why he is still valued highly.
-Tevez: Getting old, already seems to be passing his peak, expensive. Ok tevez does have his days but he's a wildcard and we don't know what he will do next season.
-A Johnson: Seems like hazard is on his way. AJ didn't get much playing time without hazard, now if we bring in hazard he will get much less. So for that I would love to see AJ move to a club like Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea where he will get much more playing time and develop his potential.
-*De jong: Great player placed in front of the defense but not very versatile, doesn't bring much offensively and most important doesn't seem like he wants to extend his contract. Better sell him now then lose him for free. If he does extend his contract then he should stay.
-*Weiss: I really don't know what to do with Weiss. I like him, has great talent but at 22 already he hasn't had the greatest past 2 seasons at Rangers and Espanyol. They were good seasons but not the best. Seems like we would loan him out again because he won't be seeing much playing time. So it's better we just sell him.
-*Hargreaves and Pizarro: Pizarro was a good loanee but he is getting old and well yeah pretty much. Hargreaves just never played.

IN
-Hazard: The MUST buy of the transfer window. He need a winger who can stretch open the play and someone who can not only open up defense and give great passes but can score(Something I will constantly criticize Silva for) 17 goals and 15 assists this year.

- Martinez: A lot of people are saying we need a new CB. Fair enough, I agree but throwing in names like Thiago Silva, Hummels or Vergonthen. nahh, we need a new CB but a very good back up cb. The lescott Kompany pair is awesome, the best in England so we don't need to buy a 30m defender to place on the bench. What we need is a player than will provide perfect backup to lescott or kompany when they aren't available and someone who can add pressure on them. Martinez is a great CB as we saw this year but most importantly is a great midfielder. We need a midfielder who can bring much more forward apart from yaya. De jong can't, Milner isn't and Barry has really turned into our stop gap. martinez provides extra cover to yaya and can play perfectly behind him as well.

- Falcao/Cavani: One of the two best strikers in the game today. If we are selling Dzeko and Tevez we need to bring in a world class SCORER. We need a striker who could score any day any time with their eyes closed. Personally at the moment I prefer Falcao, he is absolutely lethal, is a poacher which we lack at the moment, can score with both feet and with the head. has remarkable position and great first touch. He has proven that he can perform anywhere anytime and I feel that a pair Aguero Falcao is lethal. The only problem is that he would be damn expensive. Cavani, I know is the coach's preference and I like him too a lot. Has scored 49 goals in 68 games in the Serie A in the past two years and is basically the guy he kicked us out of the Champions league. I'll take him any time too.

-Guidetti: Very important. Has great quality, scored 20 goals in 23 games this year and is still 20. He's fast, has great touch, has both feet and is good at heading. He is pretty much another version of Balotelli. The most important thing is that he is club grown which we dearly need for the champions league. I would love to see him prove his worth with the City jersey.

-Boyata: same situation with Guidetti. Very talented defender and also club grown.

Why do I get the impression that the I<3city! poster hasn't been supporting City for that long...?

Now the season is over i have thought again about what we should do this summer and have changed my thoughts a little.

Out;
Bridge, RSC, Adebayor (Look to use in a cash+ade deal where possible), Weiss and so on.

Out on Loan; Boyata, Guidetti (needs to prove hes not a 1 season wonder) and Savic.

In;
Hazard and *Falcao. I think Mancini will also bolster the squad with a few players. Perhaps the likes of Pizarro.

The Falcao signing relies on if both Dzeko and Tevez leave. If both leave then Falcao to come in if it was my choice. However Cavani seems a real favourite of Mancini.

Then of course if we see the likes of NDJ, Johnson, Kolo and heaven forbid Yaya leave then i would say players like Lass Diarra, Sahin, Hoilett and Martinez etc would be great players to bring in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.