Next season is MH more likely to play 442 or 433?

443>442
The reason being because the modern 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation is very flexible. Most of the time it will be played as a balanced 4-5-1 with the wingers pulling back a bit and helping pack the midfield. But when needed the wingers can push up and it becomes an old-fashioned 4-3-3. This can be a very powerful attack especially when you've got Robinho, Tevez and Adebayor leading it. The holding midfielder in this formation is also very important, as he protects the back line more than in a normal 4-4-2.
The only real danger of a 4-3-3 is that width can suffer, as such the midfield ends up covering more ground. The fullbacks and wingers also need a really good understanding if you don't want to be exposed out wide with this formation.

flb said:
Cheshire Blue said:
Way too light in midfields fella. MH has always fielded a side with a midfield anchor. Likley

Given

Richards Ned Lescott Bridge
De Jong
Ireland Barry

Tevez Adebayor Robinho
Why is it too light fella,all of the three are grafters,Tevez or Robbo can slot in to make it a 4

Just that Ireland isnt really a foot in type player, and neither is Swp. i think it woul leave us far too exposed. Dont get me wrong, we would score a shed load, but we would also offer no protection throung the middle and left because where tevez would track back, Robbie wont! So de jong protects the middle and barry protects Bridge!

the--dud said:
443>442
The reason being because the modern 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation is very flexible. Most of the time it will be played as a balanced 4-5-1 with the wingers pulling back a bit and helping pack the midfield. But when needed the wingers can push up and it becomes an old-fashioned 4-3-3. This can be a very powerful attack especially when you've got Robinho, Tevez and Adebayor leading it. The holding midfielder in this formation is also very important, as he protects the back line more than in a normal 4-4-2.
The only real danger of a 4-3-3 is that width can suffer, as such the midfield ends up covering more ground. The fullbacks and wingers also need a really good understanding if you don't want to be exposed out wide with this formation.

Good post, mate, and bang on the money, but will be lost on 90% on Bluemooners, who take a more Keegan-esque view of these thing.

The 4-3-3 also suits a team with an advanced midfield playmaker - Steven Ireland. You can't do this with a 4-4-2. You can with a 3-5-2, as we did under Keegan with Eyal or Ali B in that role. but noone really plays that system any more, as you can get really exposed at fullback.

Cheshire Blue said:
flb said:
Why is it too light fella,all of the three are grafters,Tevez or Robbo can slot in to make it a 4

Just that Ireland isnt really a foot in type player, and neither is Swp. i think it woul leave us far too exposed. Dont get me wrong, we would score a shed load, but we would also offer no protection throung the middle and left because where tevez would track back, Robbie wont! So de jong protects the middle and barry protects Bridge!
Fair play fella-i take the de jong point,excellent last year,MCFC's water carrier

hate seeing sweep left out of any side but fuck the sentiments : (

the--dud said:
443>442
i agree with this but think 2 holding midfield players in dejong and barry, ireland joining the 3 up top and the fullbacks offering width then back to 4-5-1 when defending

if RSC and adebayor play together will be 4-4-2 with wide midfield/wingers SWP right and petrov/robinho left

given

.....zableta........lescott...........onuoha........bridge

de-jong

ireland.............barry

tevez..................................robinho

adebayor

that will do me thankyou

flb said:
Given

Richards Ned Lescott Bridge

SWP Ireland Barry

Tevez Adebayor Robinho

Awesome 4-3-3

agree with this but i would go for kompany or de jong for swp to start with to give the back 4 that little bit more protection!! and leave barry and ireland to do the link up play!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.