Next season is MH more likely to play 442 or 433?

The Doctor said:
I'd go 4-3-3

Given/Taylor

Richards/Zabletta
Terry/Dunne
Lescott/Onuoha
Bridge

Ireland/Elano
Kompany/De Jong
Barry

SWP/Tevez
RSC/Adebayour
Robinho/Petrov

Making up the squad
Schmeichel, Garrido, Johnson, Weiss, Bojinov, Bellamy, Caicedo.

I like this. Hughes will play this formation IMO.

The Doctor said:
I'd go 4-3-3

Given/Taylor

Richards/Zabletta
Terry/Dunne
Lescott/Onuoha
Bridge

Ireland/Elano
Kompany/De Jong
Barry

SWP/Tevez
RSC/Adebayour
Robinho/Petrov

Making up the squad
Schmeichel, Garrido, Johnson, Weiss, Bojinov, Bellamy, Caicedo.

You have understood this correctly. Swop Pertov for Boj though, he is a midfielder. Too bad SWP won't be in startin XI though

I agree 4-3-3 but mainly at home. With what we have already!

Given

Zab Dunne Ned Bridge

De Jong Barry

Ireland

Tevez Ade Rob

I think he is doing a "Special One" 2 quality players for each position.

4-4-2 or 4-5-1 away depending on who we are playing (4-5-1 for Rags, Chelski, Dippers and the Arse away)

Project said:
Matt.D said:
can i ask how you work that one out? im not saying we'l play 4-4-2 but we are certainly ALOT more equipt to do it this year if we wanted.

I have no idea how we are going to set the side up and i dont think we will find out until the blackburn game

Because we haven't brought in any wide players, so not much has changed. Tevez is always going to be a narrower player than SWP in that 433. Adebayor or RSC can play as a front 2, but you lose way too much in midfield as Robinho is ineffective defensively and thus wasted as a LM. Ultimately the formation is because of 2 players - Robinho and Ireland. Neither makes sense in a midfield 4.

Ok well imo wide players is one area of the squad we certainly dont need to address. Ok so maybe robbie doesnt work in a 4-4-2 but say he was injured , or dropped in the ugly away games as i think he will be on a regular basis next season, then SWP and Petrov can do a job on the flanks of a 4 man midfield. Ireland can also play as a central midfielder in a 4-4-2, i dont see why he cant?

I think your right and we will go with some style of 4-3-3 to accomodate our attacking players but to say we dont have the personnel to play 4-4-2 isnt really accurate. Arsenal won the league with Pires playing wide left in a 4-4-2, he was no better than robbie defensively, and the scum did it with ronaldo playing out wide, it was only this season Rooney played on the wing to accomodate him.

4-3-3

Given

Richards Kompany Onouha Bridge

Ireland De Jong Barry

Tevez Adebayor Robinho

4-4-2

Given

SWP Ireland Barry Robinho/Petrov

RSC/Tevez Adebayor

4-5-1

Given

SWP Ireland De Jong Barry Robinho

RSC

Either way, we have players that are capable of covering numerous positions and numerous roles within the team. Why stick with one style? Everyone needs a Plan B, Plan C, Plan D etc.

Well if Hughes goes with a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 or even a 4-2-4 i think for sure if he hasnt got it right by X-mas he will be going with the old P-4-5 formation :-)

Imagine being MH - talk about spoiled for choice. If he has all of the tools he now needs, then he should be able to look at every game and put out a formation that makes sense against the opposition. I think this means he'll play all of 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-1-2-3, 4-3-2-1, and 4-2-3-1 depending on the match. I'd also say that it's not clear cut who will be first choice in many positions on any given day (Tevez/SWP/Bellamy, Robinho/Petrov, Ade/RCS, DeJong/Kompany, MR/Zab, and at times it might even be close picking between Ireland/Elano/MJ). It'll also take a couple of months to figure out who works well together.

First two formations I'd like to see tried are the following (with the current squad):

Given
Richards Ned Dunne Bridge
Kompany
Ireland Barry
Bellamy RSC Robinho

Given
Richards Ned Dunne Bridge
SWP Ireland Barry Petrov
Tevez Ade

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpil.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.