Next seasons average crowd.

coleridge said:
cibaman said:
coleridge said:
Neither do I or most posters on here.

Neither does Sheikh Mansour or Chairman Khaldoon.
Neither does Real Madrid or Barcelona.

It is only of the utmost importance in Raggy Mickey Mouser World. Sadly for them, that's all they have left to hold to. Shame.

I dont think that's entirely true. Full houses appeal to the corporates, they like to think they've got a "hot ticket". If they pay megabucks and find that anybody could have got in, and a lot cheaper, its not quite the same. It doesnt impress their clients as much.

Shallow but that's how it is.

With respect, my bro, I was not contemplating a half empty stadium. From up in corporate, I doubt that a few empty rows by the pitch are deflecting you from your champers and canapes.

Most football fans enjoy sell out crowds. It has sweet FA to do with the rags or compelling people to go to games.

Those who don't like sell out the crowds tend to be types who occupy spare seats with with their bags on trains and buses and leave the pregnant or elderly standing!

I've every confidence that we will be at or close to capacity for most games in an expanded Etihad. That said I would rather have spare seats than people going who think watching us these days is a chore!

coleridge said:
ancoats said:
right just did this quick calculation on my peter swales 1980s calculator and it said 17.679

elka-51-vintage-desktop-calculator-bulgaria-1980s-working-green-nixie-tube-display.jpg

Mmm. Just needs some black sticky tape wrapped round the top, coming undo and wafting to one side in the breeze.
Also quality!

de niro said:

32k if swales was still in charge,

Genuine question, 'Who loves/loved City more? Swales or The Sheikh?'

Swales had his faults, realistic pockets and questionable business acumen amongst them. I don't think that's a fair comment.

plattlaneregular said:
de niro said:

Swales had his faults, realistic pockets and questionable business acumen amongst them. I don't think that's a fair comment.
58,000 people at the Charlton 5-1 say it was a fair comment.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
plattlaneregular said:
de niro said:

I'm presuming you misunderstood what I was saying. I was backing Swales in this. There were huge crowds on many occasions. It appeared that de niro was mocking Swales v Sheikh Mansour by saying 32k if Swales in charge?

By the way the attendance v Charlton was 48k.

plattlaneregular said:
de niro said:

I think it's a fair comment. I've heard a figure of £3.5 million siphoned out of the club during his regime. Some of it legally (supplying
televisions around Maine Road with yearly rentals at ridiculously high levels) and some illegally as de niro has stated.
An ex City centre forward gave me the £3.5 million figure in case you are wondering. I'm sure you can guess who that was.
If you think there was only 48,000 v Charlton (officially 47,000 actually) then you weren't there.

As for Sheikh Mansour I'm reminded of the famous "What did the Romans ever do for us sketch?" in The Life of Brian.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
plattlaneregular said:
de niro said:

I think it's a fair comment. I've heard a figure of £3.5 million siphoned out of the club during his regime. Some of it legally (supplying
televisions around Maine Road with yearly rentals at ridiculously high levels) and some illegally as de niro has stated.
An ex City centre forward gave me the £3.5 million figure in case you are wondering. I'm sure you can guess who that was.
If you think there was only 48,000 v Charlton (officially 47,000 actually) then you weren't there.

As for Sheikh Mansour I'm reminded of the famous "What did the Romans ever do for us sketch?" in The Life of Brian.

I was there. Got onto pitch at the end like many others. When I got home my Mum was worried to death as the Bradford Fire was the same day. Mum's don't get that kind of thing.

I mentioned the 'official' attendance as being 48k as it was over 47k. Talk of the first attendance being over 52k since the early 80s with the upcoming expansion is all over here so forgive me for not agreeing to the 58k straight away.

I am grateful for everything Sheikh Mansour has done and will continue to do. I slagged Swales off through the all too familiar dark days. I just can't believe that people forget Swales genuinely loved City (and there were many nightmares!) and did his best. Sheikh Mansour doesn't seem to have had the same issues as Peter had to face.

plattlaneregular said:
plattlaneregular said:

I'm presuming you misunderstood what I was saying. I was backing Swales in this. There were huge crowds on many occasions. It appeared that de niro was mocking Swales v Sheikh Mansour by saying 32k if Swales in charge?

It's true to say that occasionally I get corrected on factual matters relating to City, but it's a rare occurrence and I'm sorry to inform you that this is not one such occasion, as by common consent, my attendance figure was considerably more accurate than yours.

I believe I can state with some confidence, that de niro was saying was that Swales would have declared the crowd at 32,000, less than the actual figure, something he routinely did, the most notable and well rehearsed example being the Charlton game, when the Kippax was dangerously over full and the aisles in the Platt Lane were chock-a-block. Where the missing money went from these anomalies one can only guess, but my experience of men like Peter Swales suggests it wasn't to the local dogs home.

You therefore presumed in a way that was wholly incorrect. I was fully aware that you were defending Swales and I was pointing towards the risibility of such a stance.

I'm sure Peter Swales convinced himself he loved City, much as a wife-beating husband convinces himself he loves his spouse. Actions speak louder than words. Swales was a small-time crook who used City as a vessel to feed his small-man syndrome and out of control ego. A man who consciously surrounded himself with yes-men who were hopelessly ill-equipped for the demands of being a director of a leading football club, in order to shore up his own position. All that would matter much less if he had displayed any discernible judgement or vision during the currency of his tenure.

To defend Swales is to defend the indefensible.

plattlaneregular said:

It's true to say that occasionally I get corrected on factual matters relating to City, but it's a rare occurrence and I'm sorry to inform you that this is not one such occasion, as by common consent, my attendance figure was considerably more accurate than yours.

I believe I can state with some confidence, that de niro was saying was that Swales would have declared the crowd at 32,000, less than the actual figure, something he routinely did, the most notable and well rehearsed example being the Charlton game, when the Kippax was dangerously over full and the aisles in the Platt Lane were chock-a-block. Where the missing money went from these anomalies one can only guess, but my experience of men like Peter Swales suggests it wasn't to the local dogs home.

You therefore presumed in a way that was wholly incorrect. I was fully aware that you were defending Swales and I was pointing towards the risibility of such a stance.

I'm sure Peter Swales convinced himself he loved City, much as a wife-beating husband convinces himself he loves his spouse. Actions speak louder than words. Swales was a small-time crook who used City as a vessel to feed his small-man syndrome and out of control ego. A man who consciously surrounded himself with yes-men who were hopelessly ill-equipped for the demands of being a director of a leading football club, in order to shore up his own position. All that would matter much less if he had displayed any discernible judgement or vision during the currency of his tenure.

To defend Swales is to defend the indefensible.

He got a wonderfully well respected minutes silence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.