Neymar

I just don't get why Left Back is always seemingly left wanting as a position to be properly filled?

Why do we always persist with the mend & make do approach to that position?

Aside from winning the Champions League, we have won everything there is to be won with Clichy, Kolarov, Delph and Zin.

I would also argue there has long been a paucity of world class left backs within the game, certainly City haven't missed out on many.

It's seemingly not a sexy position for kids to play, but many players make the transition as they get older, whether out of necessity, or because their attacking skill sets also suit what the hybrid position requires these days in the modern game.

Liverpool have two fantastic full backs who can't defend for toffee.

Cucurella would be a very good signing it would appear on the times I have watched him.

Energy, desire, physicality, pace, a decent touch.

It wasn't L'Equipe bur Le Parisien, and their article contained specific info which made sense, namely that PSG would sell Neymar on the condition that Bernardo's part of the deal. It would be smart on their part to get rid of Neymar's wages and get one of the best midfielders in the world on 1/4 of Neymar's wages, plus Bernie is younger than Neymar.

As I wrote after 93:20's post, a modicum of brain power was enough to see that Neymar to City was unlikely. One doesn't need Pep or Txiki to understand that Neymar doesn't make enough sense from our perspective.

There has been no talks. Throwing Bernardo's name into the mixer is just them trying to distance themselves from ripping off internet gossip.

PSG can't make Bernardo a condition of any deal when there is no deal which has been discussed.

It doesn't work like that. If City had contacted PSG for Neymar, then you could expect Paris to bring up Bernie in the convo.

They didn't, because we didn't.

There has been no talks. Throwing Bernardo's name into the mixer is just them trying to distance themselves from ripping off internet gossip.

PSG can't make Bernardo a condition of any deal when there is no deal which has been discussed.

It doesn't work like that. If City had contacted PSG for Neymar, then you could expect Paris to bring up Bernie in the convo.

Why would city contact PSG. We aren't looking to sell anyone or buy Neymar. PSG are looking to sell Neymar however . Maybe they want a midfielder as well . Maybe they offered but it was quickly shut down by us.

Of course PSG can make a Bernardo condition by proposing to do a deal with us involving Neymar and Bernardo. It makes perfect sense. The article doesn't claim that we've approached them, the idea of a Neymar-Bernardo deal was PSG's.

Don't be so sure. L'Equipe will have taken it from the same washing machine of shite that circulated it on social media.

It's a story that has no blowback for them and others.

Unless of course, Pep chooses to shoot it down in flames.

Not sure I really get what you mean or are referring to. I was just pointing out the question was based on the claims in france. Where and how they started or if they are linked, no idea.

Why would city contact PSG. We aren't looking to sell anyone or buy Neymar. PSG are looking to sell Neymar however . Maybe they want a midfielder as well . Maybe they offered but it was quickly shut down.

We didn't contact them, that's my point.

PSG only suggest Bernie if we had shown any interest.

You don't ring up and say you can have Neymar but we want Bernardo.

It doesn't work like that. You can only negotiate from a position of strength.

Everyone knows Paris want rid of Neymar, so they would be in no position to leverage City for a player in exchange.

Certainly one they know is just as rich as they are.

It's a non-story because City are saying it is all false.

Last note, City will not stand in Bernie's way for any club if he wants to join them and the finances are right for us.

City would not reject Neymar if Bernie and Paris wanted each other.

I just don't get why Left Back is always seemingly left wanting as a position to be properly filled?

Why do we always persist with the mend & make do approach to that position?

Angelino says hi. Cancelo waves from a distance too.

Last edited:
Aside from winning the Champions League, we have won everything there is to be won with Clichy, Kolarov, Delph and Zin.

I would also argue there has long been a paucity of world class left backs within the game, certainly City haven't missed out on many.

It's seemingly not a sexy position for kids to play, but many players make the transition as they get older, whether out of necessity, or because their attacking skill sets also suit what the hybrid position requires these days in the modern game.

Liverpool have two fantastic full backs who can't defend for toffee.

Cucurella would be a very good signing it would appear on the times I have watched him.

Energy, desire, physicality, pace, a decent touch.
Sorry, but I disagree. We've done brilliantly well in spite of having gaping holes at LB, not because LB doesn't matter as much as a position. Just imagine how much better we could have done had we a world class LB & a good PL standard backup? I can think of loads of talented LB's, but for the life of me I cannot understand why it's never seemed a priority position for us.

It's these little things & a bit of luck which make all the difference at the highest end of football. Hopefully if we get a proper LB (& I pray a backup in Raum or Sosa), it'll be one department totally stocked without the square pegs in round holes approach of Aké & Laporte can play there if needed. That's not a solution imo, it's a temporary elastoplast.

Conversely, Cancelo seems more effective at LB than RB, so if only Cucu is signed, I take it that means Cancelo switching between L/RB? I still think we can do better by bringing in two to fill a problem position. It's what I'd do given the choice & it would essentially complete our squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.